1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nexus One finally gets FM radio, thanks to CyanogenMod, MIUI

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by BubblePuppy, Oct 14, 2010.

1. BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy Good night dear Smoke... love you & "got your butt

Nov 3, 2006
    From Android Central:

http://www.androidcentral.com/cyano...brings-long-awaited-fm-radio-support#comments

Works great, uses the headphone wire as antennae .....this is from the Chinese MIUI rom that is making waves amongst rooted Nexus1 users.
    Cyanogen is incorporating FM in the nightly builds for other phone models.

2. WERA689

WERA689 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2006
    Canton, GA
    With Slacker and Pandora, plus all the music I have on my SD card, and with my recently canceled subscription to XM...I haven't listened to FM radio since '02. It's cool that the N1 can do it, but it really doesn't matter to me.

3. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    Three reasons for having FM on my cell phone: N P R

When I'm out and about, I like to listen to NPR in my vehicular. When I go to the beach, the river park or to a wet tee shirt contest, I listen to NPR on my cell. :p

4. BubblePuppy

Nov 3, 2006
    Nick, I agee.
    Besides, the Nexus has the component capability, just wasn't in Nexus Froyo rom.

5. BubblePuppy

Nov 3, 2006
    Hmmmm.....not a bad idea. :grin: Maybe phone manufacturers will include breath analyzers in future phones. Could save a few jobs and relationships. :lol: