NFL 2019 Schedule Week # 12

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Gary Toma, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Gary Toma

Gary Toma UNIX

Mar 22, 2006
    NFL 2019 Schedule
    Attached is the weekly NFL Schedule, customized for Directv SundayTicket Subscribers

Time Zone Specific
    Schedules are provided for each US Time Zone; note the attachment names to identify the correct PDF for your time zone.

Some timezone schedules are in Post #2

Customize Your Schedule
    In the current Acrobat Reader, use the Tools/Fill & Sign option to enter your own custom National and Regional channel information.

National Broadcasts
    Add your LIL (Local-Into-Local) or DNS (Distant Network Service) CBS, FOX and NBC channel numbers to your schedule.

Regional Broadcasts
    Find in advance which regional games your local CBS and FOX affiliates will be carrying by referencing online TV Distribution Maps. Add your local broadcast information to customize your schedule. DMA maps are available beginning Wednesday in the week preceding the game.

The Distribution Maps provide the announcer assignments for all the games. Announcer assignments for an additional two weeks are also available.

Regional Blackouts
    Directv is required to blackout a SundayTicket game that would duplicate programming by your local CBS or FOX affiliate

Not Sold Out Blackouts
    Not-sold-out blackouts have been rescinded again for this season.

This_Link is the source for the Schedules.

Athlon646464 likes this.
  2. the2130

the2130 Active Member

Dec 17, 2014
    The schedule shows Fox and ESPN telecasts in 720P. They have been 1080P for some time.

3. Gary Toma

Gary Toma UNIX

Mar 22, 2006
    Sorry -- I truly wish you were right. Unfortunately, both FOX and ESPN are still broadcast in 720P resolution. It does not impact football, but ABC also broadcasts in 720P.

FOX, however, **IS** doing eleven (11) Thursday Night Football games in 4K. The first one is 9/26/19. We -hope- that Directv will be carrying those games (simulcast) on NFLNETWORK/212.

4. TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol Hall Of Fame

Oct 1, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    Native resolution has been removed from Genie receivers.

5. Kingusc

Kingusc New Member

Aug 19, 2006
    Hey Gary - this is a fantastic thing you do. It is certainly appreciated weekly.

I do have a question for you however that is kinda unusual. What font are you using on the channel numbers? I'm using Apple's Preview app so I can't figure it out on my own. And for my guests on Sunday, I like to use your guide but I add my local channels and any bets we've made on the games, etc. I just can't figure out the font to match the channel numbers (and font matching apps are not helping me). If you have a moment, I'd be curious. No big deal.

6. the2130

the2130 Active Member

Dec 17, 2014
    Thanks, I didn't realize those networks were still 720P.

7. Gary Toma

Gary Toma UNIX

Mar 22, 2006
    So -- For Thursday Night Football games you can watch the games in:

720P as provided by your local FOX affiliate (1080p downscaled for distribution)

1080i as provided on channel 212 by NFL Net (1080p re-scaled to 1080i)

4k as upscaled by FOX, in 24 FPS if you tune to 105 from a previous 1080i channel

4k as upscaled by FOX, in 60 FPS if you tune to 105 from a previous 720p channel

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
    Tubaman-Z likes this.
  8. Gary Toma

Gary Toma UNIX

Mar 22, 2006
    Most of the Schedule layout is accomplished using the 'Eurostile' font. The channel numbers and times are all in Eurostile.

Kingusc likes this.
  9. hjplano

hjplano Cool Member

Nov 17, 2006

Wait what ? Last week, or two, 105 on Thursday nights nfl game has been unwatchable , jerky stuttering. Anyone else get this too ?

10. Gary Toma

Gary Toma UNIX

Mar 22, 2006
    Yup - those are all the symptoms -- when you watch a 4K broadcast after tuning to it from a 1080 channel. That is 24 FPS you are complaining about. We ALL agree, it is lousy.
    Read through THIS THREAD to get up to speed. Please