NFL HD - GameDay program not in HD?

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by BJM, Oct 15, 2007.

1. BJM

BJM Godfather

Dec 9, 2006
    I didn't see an easy link on the NFL Network site, so here goes: Any idea why the main highlight show *isn't* in HD?

2. Da Rafsta

Da Rafsta AllStar

Oct 26, 2006
    I'm wondering the same. In fact..I'd like to know what channel I must tune into for NFL Network HD.

3. rayzor1211

rayzor1211 Cool Member

Sep 25, 2007

If you have the H20 or HR20 and the 5LNB Slimline Dish and the BBCs, it is Ch 212

4. Carl Spock

Carl Spock Superfly

Sep 3, 2004
    At least the replay shows are in HD. I saw the Packers beat the Redskins in HD last Tuesday night. Go Pack Go!

5. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    It looks like they are only doing the games in HD right now. Which is very disappointing to me. I can't believe they don't have "NFL Total Access" in HD. That is just crazy.

6. Da Rafsta

Da Rafsta AllStar

Oct 26, 2006
    What in the world? So no one in the U.S. gets "NFL Total Access" in HD? No one gest "Put up your Dukes" in HD? No one in the U.S. gets "NFL GameDay" in HD?

I'm not, for the record.

I've done this, and maybe you have to and if not you might want to try it. Tune into 212 (actually pressing 212 on the remote) while watching anything that's not a replay of a game. Tune into it and it'll come up as standard when you know it should be in HD. When you're tuned in....hit the "Guide" button twice and look at the small screen preview of the channel on the top right hand corner. You'll notice that the broadcast fills the screen in 16:9 (granted...it's a preview but still) and clearly appears to be in HD....but when you press "Select" on your controller to tune into in full screen mode....it changes it back to standard def. I don't get that.

That's the issue I've been running into as of late. I have the 5 LNB dish, all my settings are correct....nothing wrong on my end. However...this channel, and a small other few give me these issues.

Could someone please answer those questions for me? I already tried getting technical support to help me out and nothing.