NFL Network-Select Package?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by adamson, Aug 20, 2015.

1. adamson

adamson Godfather

Nov 9, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Just looked at the line up for the Select package on directv's web site logged in, the NFL Network is not on the list. Yet I receive the channel...I do not care either way if it was on or not. Is this a freebie for a limited time?

2. joshjr

joshjr Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    What is the exact name of your package? Is it a grandfathered package of some kind? I am in the Choice Xtra Classic package and is grandfathered.

3. adamson

adamson Godfather

Nov 9, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Just called the "select" package...lowest package there is...no espn etc. Not grandfathered for nothing but dns.

4. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Doesn't the NFL ST comes with the NFL network?

5. adamson

adamson Godfather

Nov 9, 2007
    Houston, TX
    I unsubscribed to NFL ST after last season.

6. adamson

adamson Godfather

Nov 9, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Anybody with the Select package getting ch 212? BTW just talked to programming dept...new person too and how I knew that right from the beginning. Clueless and says the channel is not in my package. I hate ATT and dumb csr's.

7. compnurd

compnurd Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2007
    Evans City PA
    Except they are DirecTV CSRS

8. cmasia

cmasia Icon

Sep 18, 2007
    Las Vegas
    So, let me make sure I understand this situation.

1) You are receiving NFL Network.

2) You are subscribed to a package that does not include NFL Network.

3) You "do not care either way if it was on or not"

4) You called DirecTV to find out why you are getting something for nothing.

5) You get the proper answer from a CSR about NFL Network not being included in the Select Package.

6) You then choose the knock the CSR who gave you correct information, using words like "clueless", "hate", and "dumb".

7) You blame AT&T for an issue that happened before they took ownership of the company.

8) You are still getting a channel you are not paying for.

9) You started a thread to complain about all this.

Does all that sum up the situation correctly?

1 person likes this.
  9. joshjr

joshjr Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    That isnt very nice. Believe it or not, I am sure others with that same package would probably love to know if it is available to them. The thread is welcomed by me at least even if the person posting it isnt happy with getting something for free. We all come here to learn new things and this is something someone is reporting that no one else is so lets help him figure out why. There has to be a reason.

2 people like this.
  10. cmasia

cmasia Icon

Sep 18, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Hi joshjr.

I agree with you, as there are probably many people with Select wondering the same thing

But I have a hard time understanding why anyone would:

1) Read the website and see NFLN is not included in Select

2) Throw a CSR under the bus - for being correct about what he read - correctly - on the website

It could be a system glitch.

It could mean they don't turn off NFLN until a certain date when someone cancels ST.

It could mean he actually did not cancel ST - or DirecTV did not complete the cancellation.

But he is clearly getting something for nothing, and spewing venom at a CSR who was correct is not helping us " learn new things".

Cheers,
    cmasia

11. adamson

adamson Godfather

Nov 9, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Now I will finish this...The NFL Network is free for a limited time prior to football season to the packages without the channel. I had retention find out the answer to my question. Furthermore the csr who failed on every level and did not ask for my account password also was reported to retention. When calling the first time the csr should have asked for my password and should have seen this is as a promotion. Funny not one person with the Select package did not state they were receiving the channel. As for the fine post above from such a nice person, I will take the high road and not waste my time on replying directly to you.

12. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    Account password? Is there a requirement to ask that when just calling in to check on your programming? When I recently added some programming, I wasn't asked for my password, but their caller ID confirmed that the caller, me, was calling from the number on the account.

I can't even remember being asked for my password in the 17 years I've had DIRECTV.

13. Gloria_Chavez

Gloria_Chavez Godfather

Aug 11, 2008
    Cmasia, I emphatically agree with you.

Why would you even invest the time in calling a CSR if you don't care either way if you're entitled to it or not.

Then you proceed to report a CSR to retention for doing his job?

Says a lot about the person.

14. adamson

adamson Godfather

Nov 9, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Some people have an additional password which must be asked for when calling. Get a clue!

15. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    How did they verify you at all? I know sometimes with some companies you can use a password or something else rather than just the password. I don't know if DIRECTV does that but some companies do.