NFL Preseason Games and Sunday Ticket App

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by golfnut-n-nh, Sep 3, 2015.

1. golfnut-n-nh

golfnut-n-nh Legend

Mar 26, 2007
    Last year the final day of preseason games were available on the Sunday Ticket app. I assume this was some kind of a test prior to the start of the regular season. Does anyone know if this will happen tonight?

2. GerryC

GerryC Mentor

Aug 25, 2007
    Yes, I received the email this morning.

As a valued NFL SUNDAY TICKET MAX subscriber, we are inviting you to test drive our mobile streaming service on Thursday, September 3rd.

Here's how:
    • Go to the app store and download NFL SUNDAY TICKET
    • Login to the NFL SUNDAY TICKET app on Thursday September 3rd between 7PM to 11PM ET (4PM to 8PM PT) using your directv.com login credentials
    • Enjoy select NFL preseason games on the app
    Thanks for your help, no feedback is necessary from you to DIRECTV.

Enjoy the upcoming NFL Season!

Sincerely,

DIRECTV

3. golfnut-n-nh

golfnut-n-nh Legend

Mar 26, 2007
    Thank you for this information!

4. George_T

George_T Legend

Sep 19, 2002
    Looked at my Roku last night, and now a Sunday Ticket Now/Sunday Ticket Max channel is available to download. If you have either of those services, you can stream live feeds and highlights to your television. I would assume that this would be active for tonight's preview, but I don't know for sure.

Wondering if the app will be available for other streaming devices such as Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, or Google Chromecast?

Update: Looked at the SundayTicket.TV site, and it looks like there will be a channel for streaming on Amazon Fire and Google Chromecast, but no mention of a channel for Apple TV.

5. zimm7778

zimm7778 Hall Of Fame

Nov 11, 2007
    Hope they get the bugs on the Roku app worked out. Just tried to watch a game and gave up after about 2 minutes because it kept buffering every few seconds. It was like watching WWE network before I cancelled them for that reason.

6. bill buckner

bill buckner Cool Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    Been Watching the Cowboys-Texans game without any problems. It only buffered once, now a second time as I was typing. I also have my Roku hard wired.

As for the WWE network(subscriber since day one) I've had no problems with it on my apple tv. The few time I've watched on the Roku it did buffer a couple of times, but I was on wifi and upstairs at the time.

7. swaff

swaff Hail to the Redskins

Feb 15, 2009
    Central...
    Watching the Redskins-Jaguars streamed to my tablet and screencasted to the TV via Roku.

Working very well.

I'm reminded of the C-Band days in the 80's. Raw feed with no commercials.

8. gpg

gpg Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2006
    Long Island
    Using my chromecast to watch from my phone for Browns vs. Bears. It's working very well.