1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NFL PreSeason Sched -WEEK 4- Last Update 8/11

Discussion in 'Sports Programming and Events' started by Gary Toma, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Jul 6, 2007 #1 of 31
    Gary Toma

Gary Toma UNIX

Mar 22, 2006
    Attached are the NFL Pre-Season Weekly Schedules

Two attachments are provided for each week, one for the EDT Time Zone and one for the PDT Time Zone.

Adobe 'typewriter mode' is enabled on the schedules. This enables anyone with even the free Acrobat Reader to update the schedule with their personal/local channels and then Save or Print or EMail the modified PDF.

National Games
    The games highlighted in color across the page are nationally televised. As always, Red highlight games are 1080i, Blue highlight games are 720p broadcasts. You need to pencil in (or type in) your LIL (Local-Into-Local) CBS, FOX and NBC channel numbers for your local stations. The ESPN and NFLNET channel numbers are already shown for DIRECTV folks.

Local Games
    The rest of the games for the week, while not shown nationally, are typically televised by the home team's station for local broadcast and are also piped back to the visiting team's station for local broadcast there. You’ll need to check your local listings. Remember: just as in regular season, the NFL blackout rules apply: if a pre-season game isn’t sold out, your local station must black out the live game but will probably air the game tape delayed.

NFLNET Re-Broadcast Pre-Season Games
    NFLNET RePlay games are shown on Channel 212 for SD broadcasts. DIRECTV Guide now shows Channel 94 for many of the HD RePlay games. The NFLNET RePlay Schedule is shown in the right-most two columns.

Regional NFL Distribution Maps
    There will be no “NFL Distribution Maps” for the Pre-Season games. The games are either Nationally televised, broadcast delayed by NFLNET or as noted above, they’ll be televised locally. There is no 'regional' broadcast confusion.

Regional Game Maps in Regular Season
    When the Regular Season begins, I’ll have a link on each Weekly Schedule to take you to a great website that will provide NFL Game Distribution Maps for both CBS and FOX. You will know in advance precisely which games your local CBS and FOX affiliates will be carrying and you can pencil (or edit) in those updates. And remember, when your local affiliate broadcasts a game, DIRECTV is obligated to black it out on SundayTicket and SuperfaN (if your LIL offers HD) in your DMA.

Regular Season Schedules in "DIRECTV Programming" Forum
    The Regular Season Weekly Schedule posts are not here in the "Sports" forum. Please look for them in the "DIRECTV Programming" Forum. That's because the Regular Season Schedules are totally customized for DIRECTV's SundayTicket and SuperfaN subscribers and are not a generic schedule as these Pre-Season Schedules are.

To see a sample NFL Game Distribution Map, click here.

As always, your input and ideas are always welcome!

views as of 8/28:
    pre1...... 938 views
    pre2...... 277 views
    pre3...... 198 views
    pre4c...... 70 views

2. bk63ross

bk63ross Mentor

Nov 10, 2004
    That's Awesome! I hope the blackout rules dont affect me too much when the Raiders play good teams. Looking forward to the Regular Season Schedule.

3. Gary Toma

Gary Toma UNIX

Mar 22, 2006
    The 52 Pre-Season games that are not being braodcast nationally will all be presented on NFLNET. That schedule for viewing has just been announced and will be incorporated into the Weekly Schedules within the next few days.

Be aware: these 52 preseason games will all be aired *not live* but within a few days of the actual game.

4. Aug 1, 2007 #4 of 31
    mnbulldog

mnbulldog Legend

Aug 25, 2006
  5. Aug 2, 2007 #5 of 31
    bonscott87

bonscott87 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

Jan 21, 2003
    Awesome job!! Looking forward to it.

6. Aug 3, 2007 #6 of 31
    Gary Toma

Gary Toma UNIX

Mar 22, 2006
    In another thread below, ( the Sample 2007 Regular Season Schedule thread), I have added a duplicate copy of the Week 1 Pre-Season schedule but this copy is in an 'editable' format. This is in response to a number of posts and PM's where folks wanted to be able to edit their own local station information into the Weekly Schedule and then print out a truly professional schedule.

Please give it a try and share your feedback -- please.

gct

7. Aug 3, 2007 #7 of 31
    rcoleman111

rcoleman111 Guest

I noticed last night that the HOF game Sunday night is showing up in the guide on Ch. 94.

8. Aug 3, 2007 #8 of 31
    Gary Toma

Gary Toma UNIX

Mar 22, 2006
    On 8/2, the Schedule was updated to show the NFLNET delayed broadcasts of the non-national pre-season games.

On 8/3, 'typewriter mode' was turned on for the PDF Schedules. That feature should enable anyone with even the free Acrobat Reader to update the schedule with their personal/local channels and then save or print or EMail the modified PDF.

9. Aug 3, 2007 #9 of 31
    DCSholtis

DCSholtis Up The Irons!

Aug 7, 2002
    Looking good, gct!!!!!

10. Gary Toma

Gary Toma UNIX

Mar 22, 2006
    Schedules for all four weeks of pre-season are now posted. They all include the schedule of NFLNET RePlays, which are the tape-delayed broadcasts of all the non-national games.

All the schedules are also provided in PDF 'typewriter mode'. This means that anyone even with the free Adobe Reader software, can now edit in their own local channel numbers when local stations are showing their home DMA teams in live coverage.

11. JTTGoPats

JTTGoPats New Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Awesome Job.. Thank You

12. Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    gct,

You've done some truly awesome work! And thanks for turning on the editable mode.

Cheers,
    Tom

13. moonman

moonman Icon

Oct 27, 2004
    GCT......great job...thanks a a lot....the inclusion of the typewriter tool is
    especially nice for me....all that "hen-scratching" will be gone....since I'm in
    a NFL team territory(Dolphins) that due to a bad record, the games seldom sell out(especially pre-season), I will be using it a lot...please let us know
    when/where the regular season skeds will be posted(forum wise)..??Thanks again!!

14. Gary Toma

Gary Toma UNIX

Mar 22, 2006
    The Regular Season Weekly Schedule posts will not be here in the "Sports" forum. Please look for them in the "DIRECTV Programming" Forum. That's because the Regular Season Schedules are totally customized for DIRECTV SundayTicket and SuperfaN subscribers and are not a generic schedule such as these Pre-Season Schedules.

15. Gary Toma

Gary Toma UNIX

Mar 22, 2006
    For those of you interested in local affiliate station -live- broadcasts of the pre-season games, follow this link
    to a listing of all the stations for Week 1 games.

16. Gary Toma

Gary Toma UNIX

Mar 22, 2006
    Great News: during the 8/5 Hall of Fame game, NFLNET advertised that of the 52 games they would broadcast, 34 of them would be in HD!!

Not too long ago we were thrilled to have 65% of NFL Regular Season games in HD. And now, we have 65% of the Pre-Season games in HD. Life IS getting better.

17. Koz

Koz Icon

Sep 16, 2006
    Great work gct. Clean, concise, and good looking work. I will use it every week. Thanks!

18. cnmsales

cnmsales Hall Of Fame

Jan 8, 2007
    So let me make sure I understand the posted correctly, if the game is in WHITE then it wont be in HD? Right? So if its in white does that mean there is no hope of the game being broadcast in hd?

19. Gary Toma

Gary Toma UNIX

Mar 22, 2006
    Great question: Is there hope? Absolutely. Exactly 65% of the 'white' games should end up in HD.

Here's the ugly two part answer about the 'white' games:

1. NFLNET (see post #16 in this thread) announced that 34 of the 52 non-national Pre-Season games will be broadcast by them in HD. That would lead one to believe that 34 of the 52 games are planned to be recorded in HD (duh). That means that 34 of the RePlay (delayed) games should be in HD.
    How many games will DIRECTV broadcast in HD - no answer.
    Which 34 games will be in HD - no answer.

2. For the games in white, the home team affiliate and the visiting team affiliate will typically broadcast these games in live time. It would seem that 34 of the 52 games will be broadcast in HD, live, but only to the two DMA's involved.
    Which games will be in HD - no answer.

When more information is available, I'll update the schedules.

20. mnbulldog

mnbulldog Legend

Aug 25, 2006
    Great work gct. Just great.

I hope D* decides to showcase the games in HD (the 34) since Comcast announced they are.

http://www.tvpredictions.com/comcastnfl080107.htm

Interesting note from the end of this story (so forget second statement I made):

In related news, the NFL Network says DIRECTV will carry all of its HD pre-season games this month in the channel 90s.