1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NFL Remotes

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by zebra_lounge, Dec 20, 2010.

1. zebra_lounge

zebra_lounge Cool Member

Feb 18, 2008
    I have been trying to order the NFL remote for the last few days 3+ days and keep getting the same error message:
    "Sorry, we're having trouble creating your order. Please try again later or call 1-800-DIRECTV to place your order."

I have successfully ordered with the same card in the past but can't get the checkout to work. I have called directv 10 times and they give me the same generic answers: System maintinence, try again in a couple hours. I asked them to talk with the maintinence manager but they act like that is impossible. I have called my credit card company and my card isnt even being authorized. There is something on their end blocking the transaction. I have tried many different computers etc. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

2. bonscott87

bonscott87 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

Jan 21, 2003
    Ummm, why don't you just order one over the phone? Especially since you called them anyway. A friend of mine did just that when he ordered Sunday Ticket in August. He asked about an NFL remote and they ordered it up for him.

3. zebra_lounge

zebra_lounge Cool Member

Feb 18, 2008
    I am ordering a few for friends and some gifts. I need the online system to work bc I can ship them directly.

4. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    You should still be able to change the shipping address when ordering via phone.

BTW, :welcome_s to DBSTalk!

- Merg

5. StangGT909

StangGT909 Legend

Mar 9, 2007
    I ordered two tonight for gifts. Lady on the phone said I had to order online, but said they usually only take a week. After ordering, I noticed the fine print on the site that said may take 4-6 weeks. Hmmm... anyone know how long it should take?

It is what it is, but I'd sure be happy if they came at least by Monday of next week.

6. Rockaway1836

Rockaway1836 Godfather

Sep 25, 2007
    Myrtle Beach
    I have ordered quite a few in the past. The ones I ordered last year took a day. I orderd 4 of them last week and it took 2 days.

7. jrodfoo

jrodfoo Godfather

Apr 9, 2007
    Yeah I ordered one last week and it came within 2 days.. you should be good to go.

8. StangGT909

StangGT909 Legend

Mar 9, 2007
    Alright then, it will be a Merry Christmas

9. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    Just as a note...

The NFL remote I bought over a year ago has been as solid a unit as I've owned to date. The remote not only looks nice, but has a good feel to it, and operates fast and reliably.

10. blaqhauq

blaqhauq Mentor

Dec 13, 2010
    I ordered a steelers remote on the 30th of November and got it December 2nd. One directv remote said out of stock for steelers remote but when I logged into my account and went to purchase remotes I selected NFL remotes and steelers was indeed in stock.

11. Rockaway1836

Rockaway1836 Godfather

Sep 25, 2007
    Myrtle Beach
    I found the same exact thing. Got my nephews Stealers, and Cowboys remotes. Both listed as sold out. Logged on and they were both available.

12. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Contemplating retiring my "Giants" remote after watching Sunday's game. :rolleyes:

13. zebra_lounge

zebra_lounge Cool Member

Feb 18, 2008
    Anyone want to make an order for me since my account won't let me check out for some reason? I can paypal you in advance and you can change the shipping address to me. I'll give someone a little extra $ to help me out. Just PM me. Thanks

14. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Just call up DirecTV and order it over the phone.

- Merg

15. zebra_lounge

zebra_lounge Cool Member

Feb 18, 2008
    You can not do that:) I already tried. Trust me. You have to order online.

16. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    You can. You just might need to find the right CSR. :)

- Merg

17. zebra_lounge

zebra_lounge Cool Member

Feb 18, 2008
    I'm 0/10 so far maybe the 11th will be luckier?

18. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Hey, now! My first favorite team, the one with Franco Harris, was honest—as far as NFL teams go, that is—so please don't call them thieves!
    I've moved a few times, and adopted the local teams, so 25 years ago I was in 49er heaven. Games with the 'Boys were always hot, but man, have both teams been sucking wind for quite a while. Now I am in 49er hell. (rant over!)

The is the first I've heard of custom remotes, so thanks to all.

19. Richierich

Richierich Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    I agree. My NFL Remotes are much more Solid Feeling and a little heavier than my regular remotes and it has a Backlight Button and works much better than my regular ones. Well worth the money.

20. Rockaway1836

Rockaway1836 Godfather

Sep 25, 2007
    Myrtle Beach