1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nfl shortcuts

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by snowden2876, Sep 11, 2018.

1. snowden2876

snowden2876 Member

Apr 28, 2013
    oklahoma
    Ok I have Sunday ticket max. Where is the shortcuts?

2. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    You have to stream the shortcuts. Not available on your DIRECTV equipment.
    I think you can start streaming the games at midnight Sunday through midnight Wednesday. But not from 8pm-midnight (eastern) on Monday (so as to not 'compete' with Monday Night Football).

dtv757 likes this.
  3. snowden2876

snowden2876 Member

Apr 28, 2013
    oklahoma
    Ok thanks

4. dtv757

dtv757 Icon

Jun 3, 2006
    Nice forgot all about this feature

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk

5. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    It was a hell of a lot better when it was on channels you could actually record and set season passes for. I don't subscribe to DIRECTV to stream to a device or computer.

6. dtv757

dtv757 Icon

Jun 3, 2006
    true but they should implement some kind of back up for 771 via online streaming .

i had a few friends over on sunday and had a 771 event. good think i had one tv on OTA and another online via chrome-cast .

7. KyL416

KyL416 Hall Of Fame

Nov 10, 2005
    Tobyhanna, PA
    It's more complicated than it sounds. Streaming is usually at least 30 seconds behind live TV because of how it's encoded, so it would either need to remain online for the rest of the game or you'll lose 30 seconds or more when live tv returns. And if you have multiple TVs in your house, it would be a bandwidth killer with every receiver trying to access 6 Mbps+ streams at the same time. Especially if you don't have access to speeds that can handle all those streams at the same time, or live in an area with a low data cap. Not to mention what it would do if anyone else in the house is trying to do something ping/speed sensitive online.

So the LAST thing DirecTV (or any other provider for that matter) should do is implement an automatic handover to the internet as long as there's ISPs with caps or numerous areas that can't get anything faster than DSL speeds. Especially if as DirecTV's trend has been, they introduce it with no way to turn it off without disconnecting your receivers from the internet entirely. i.e. the forced VOD downloads when you have a series recording not tied to a specific channel and a new episode premieres on VOD before the linear airing, or you start watching a series a certain way and it automatically downloads the next episode if it isn't already recorded.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
    dtv757 likes this.
  8. dtv757

dtv757 Icon

Jun 3, 2006
    Yea speed would definatly matter

When I was beta testing bell atlantic IPTV I had 2 wireless stbs 1 was 4k capable, and multiple computers running downloading huge files no issues

In the beginning I had the wireless stbs and QaM running at same time 0 issues

Gotta love FTTH !

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk

9. KyL416

KyL416 Hall Of Fame

Nov 10, 2005
    Tobyhanna, PA
    If by Bell Atlantic you mean Verizon, consider yourself lucky. Verizon has zero plans to continue the expansion of FiOS, and with their rediculous policy of limiting their remote terminals to 3 Mbps, there's vast swafts of Verizon's copper only territory who will never see anything faster than 3 Mbps DSL unless there's a drastic change in policy with the heads of the company. Heck, even on Long Island, they were sued and lost after they refused to repair Sandy damage in some copper only portions of Long Island and attempted to shift those customers to a heavily capped wireless solution.

10. HGuardian

HGuardian Godfather

Aug 9, 2010
    Any reason these aren’t available via On Demand?

syphix and dtv757 like this.