NFL Sunday Ticket: (Game Day) Set Top Box Discussion

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by Doug Brott, Sep 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    This thread is for discussion of all NFL Sunday Ticket related features such as RedZone interactive, Mix Channel, and even ScoreGuide. If it's something on the Set Top Box, this is the place ..

2. mcaldero

mcaldero AllStar

Feb 3, 2006
    Player Tracker has crashed my HR20. Tuned to ch. 701 to enter my fantasy players and it froze. Did a hard red-button reboot and when it came back up, the HR20 was still on ch. 701 and it froze again. Now I'm in a vicious never-ending cycle.

3. Doug Brott

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    This is not good. See if you can disconnect the satellite connection and restart far enough to change the channel and then connect the coax and restart again. :scratchin

4. mcaldero

mcaldero AllStar

Feb 3, 2006
    Good advice, Doug. Thanks. It worked. Now if I could only figure out how to get PlayerTracker to work. I used it all year last year on the same receiver, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

5. bonscott87

bonscott87 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

Jan 21, 2003
    Player tracker worked for me on my HR20-700 (latest CE). Hope you get it working.

Maybe try and load up the Active channel so that the interactive overlay loads up and see if that goes ok without crashing. Then go to a regular channel and then to 701.

Do note that Player Tracker will load up automatically, no button presses are needed and it can take 10-15 seconds to load the first time.

6. mcaldero

mcaldero AllStar

Feb 3, 2006
    That didn't work. The Player Tracker starts loading. I get a black screen with the Hyundai logo, then it hangs. Bummer.

7. Doug Brott

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Could you press & hold info and let us know what it says next to 'Receiver' and 'Software'.

8. mcaldero

mcaldero AllStar

Feb 3, 2006
    Receiver: HR20/700
    Software: 0x312, Tue 6/9, 2:20a

Thanks!

9. forkball316

forkball316 Cool Member

Jan 30, 2008
    I've had the same freezing problem with playertracker. Reseting via the red button did nothing so I had to "reformat" the hard drive (that's what the CSR called it) and luckily I didn't lose any of my settings/shows.

I'm not going to mess with it until week 2.

10. RAD

RAD Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    Posted in the CE issues thread, it looks like the Sunday Ticket application is adding about 1 to 1.4 seconds to how long it takes the guide to come up on my HR21-100/AM21.

11. mcaldero

mcaldero AllStar

Feb 3, 2006
    FWIW, I have an HR21 in the bedroom with the same 0x312 software running and it loads PlayerTracker perfectly. Frustrating, because the wife won't allow the pizza and beer in the master bedroom!

12. eggie64

eggie64 New Member

Oct 28, 2007
    Can you explain the "reformat" procedure?

13. dacoop2

dacoop2 AllStar

Feb 6, 2007
    It was fine Friday when I entered my lineups. It loaded ok yesterday, then when I tried to turn alerts from off to on it froze, and it's been hosed ever since.

One suggestion to those who are getting hung up. Power off the box for 10 seconds or so. When you turn it on immediately change to another channel. Then you'll need to do an RBR.

I finally gave up on it for the day.

14. dacoop2

dacoop2 AllStar

Feb 6, 2007
    BTW, I have an HR20/700, software is 0x34c, loaded 9/1.

15. forkball316

forkball316 Cool Member

Jan 30, 2008
    Red button reset your dvr. As soon as your screen goes into Step 1, hold down both the down arrow and the record button on your dvr (not remote) until you see the process hit 1%.

Hope that makes sense.

16. turbovr6

turbovr6 AllStar

May 17, 2007
    H21-100 SW 0x42eb

All I can say is SLOW!!!! Just like the guide is horribly slow with this SW release so is everything related to interactive features.

Hit the red button, 5 seconds till the menu pops up, choose any menu option another 5 seconds till something happens.

Tune to the game mix channel, around 5 seconds to get the yellow box to show. Scroll to a game and click ok....yep you guessed it a good 5 second delay before the channel changes....

Player Tracker works, no issues during setup.

17. SEAKevin

SEAKevin AllStar

Jul 8, 2006
    I am having trouble on the Game Mix channel. The yellow box that's supposed to appear that allows you to choose which game you hear is not appearing. It was working fine earlier but has stopped. I've tried changing channels and even turning everything off and back on and the box does not appear so I'm stuck listening to the sound on the PHI-CAR game. :( Using HR21

18. RAD

RAD Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    I also saw that (HR23-700) the first time I tuned to mix channel. Tried it again a few minutes later and the yellow box worked that time. Running 0x354 code.

19. PajamaGuy

PajamaGuy Legend

Aug 21, 2006
    Game MIX issues:
    1. Just going to 702 gets me to SD, last year it auto-wentto 702-1HD.

2. Need another (different) key for DLB toggle - especially when in GamrMix

3. Local channel for local game cameauto last year. Advertisingsaid no blackouts this year for NFLST. Yet Houston game (should be 706-1) get a 771, and I have to manually tune localHD 11. Problrms are:
    a. Toggling doesn't work
    b. Pressing "RED" for scoreboard doesn't work from a local channel.

PJ

20. SEAKevin

SEAKevin AllStar

Jul 8, 2006
    I've been continuing to try it..many times. Still not working.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.