1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NFL Sunday Ticket: (Game Day) Supercast Discussion

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by Doug Brott, Sep 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    If you are having an issue with Supercast, please post your issue in the Issues Thread:
    http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=164559

This thread is for general discussion. Feel free to let DIRECTV know your likes, dislikes and things you'd like to see in the future.

Enjoy!

2. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    Kudos on the launch - but still in shock that they failed to support the 80% of Blackberry users with World Edition 8810, Curve 83xx and 81xx models, among others.

No technical reason for it.

That shuts out millions of potential users. Somebody missed the boat on this, sorry to say.

3. krock918316

krock918316 Hall Of Fame

Mar 5, 2007
    Working great on my BB Storm! :)

4. want2cbetter

want2cbetter New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    I downloaded it for my BB Curve 8900 and just checked it out. You can watch the pre-game shows right now.

It works great (I am at home and am using the wi-fi connection so I'm not sure how it works w/out that yet).

The feed is actually about 2 seconds ahead of the TV feed.

5. pudge44

pudge44 New Member

Jan 25, 2006
    I've got it successfully installed on my Blackberry Tour, but when I attempt to launch all I get is "unable to connect to Directv server". Is this an indication that my blackberry MDS connection and collaboration services are not enabled? I'm on a BES. Thanks!

6. Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Sounds like you have diagnosed the problem pretty well. :(

Cheers,
    Tom

7. KhurramA

KhurramA AllStar

Jun 16, 2009
    Where is the iphone app??
    I don't see it in the app store as listed on directv website

8. Doug Brott

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I don't have the link, but you should be able to find it with 'DIRECTV Supercast'

9. Igor

Igor Godfather

Jan 3, 2005
    "NFL Mobile"

10. Doug Brott

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Oh, I thought of one other search term .. 'DIRECTV, Inc'

Any of those should find the NFL Mobile App.

11. Bob Coxner

Bob Coxner Icon

Dec 28, 2005
    Working well on my iPod Touch with WiFi, although it does take some time to load.

12. lflorack

lflorack Godfather

Dec 16, 2006
    As an Curve 8330 owner, I'm disappointed too. Kinda baffling really,

13. briang5000

briang5000 DBSTalk Club Member

Aug 10, 2004
    Pretty impressive. PQ not quite as good as I hoped but better than nothing. Works fine on 3G and Wi-Fi. I didn't try edge. I'm using an iPhone 3G.

14. GreatPig

GreatPig DBSTalk Club Member

Sep 19, 2006
    iPhone on WiFi - better than expected picture quality.

15. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    Had trouble at the Ravens game getting any consistent bandwidth of any kind so it was a waste there (gotta talk to AT&T about the overload during the games) but watched it on 3G on way home and wifi at a bar. PQ was consistent with MLB TV and Slingbox (of course Sling is wifi only).

Would prefer a single wrapup video to the multiple highlights (or in addition to) for finished games. Also, lots of errors on the titles. Matt Stover does not kick for the Ravens anymore, guys (and they had the FG as KC highlight rather than Baltimore).

16. mattpol

mattpol AllStar

Aug 20, 2006
    PQ on the iPhone (3G S) was bad. Borderline unwatchable on some games, over both WiFi and 3G.

17. Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    That sounds like a bandwidth problem. The app gets performance info from the OS (at least on some platforms, might be the app itself on others) and adjusts the picture often.

Good luck,
    Tom

18. cadyroadsidetech

cadyroadsidetech Cool Member

Mar 13, 2008
    supercast on my i phone was awsome. the longer i watched it the pq got better almost as clear as hd at times. i watched on 3G and only buffered a few times. i did find the live feed on the i phone to be about 1 min behind real time but that's ok. i was also very disapointed to find you can only connect 1 device at a time bummer several i phone's at my house and everybody wanted to watch on there phone. good thing i am the king at my house. for me this is the best thing to happen to sunday ticket in years. thank dtv for this app

19. jgcox00

jgcox00 Mentor

Aug 30, 2006
    I was traveling across Kansas.. could only get an Edge signal... PQ was not so hot.. buffered some... but still was able to see the amazing tip and catch to Brandon Stokely.

20. lucky13

lucky13 New Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Maryland,...
    BB Storm 9530 (VZW)

Wasn't able to connect yesterday. Got the following error message, which I took to be a BES problem:

Response entity too large. Please contact network administrator.

My IT guy says my permissions are turned on (though I'm asking him to double check).

Today (Monday), the app opens and I have a list of games. I can access the stats. But when I try to play highlights, on an individual game or "most recent highlights," I get the response,"no highlights available."

Do the highlights play only on Sunday, or is this an issue with my setup?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.