1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NFL Sunday Ticket Oddity

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by golfnut-n-nh, Oct 4, 2013.

1. golfnut-n-nh

golfnut-n-nh Legend

Mar 26, 2007
    With the bye weeks in play, this Sunday there are now only two, four o'clock games. Both games are avaialble locally for me. With that, any idea if the Red Zone channel will sign-off early?

2. ladannen

ladannen Legend

Oct 26, 2007
    Red Zone won't end early (be blacked out) for you just because you get the games locally.
    But Red Zone might end early for everyone because there are only two games being played.
    My guess is that it will go on and just switch back between Panthers/Cardinals and Broncos/Cowboys, with frequent highlights of the early games.

3. Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick Icon

Aug 25, 2006
    Long Island
    I'm not sure why, but there is only one game being shown at 4:00 in NYC (Broncos/Cowboys). I would think that the same thing is happening in other markets as well. Regardless, even if NYC is the only market not showing 2 afternoon games, Sunday Ticket and Red Zone need to be on for people in that/those market(s).

4. dcowboy7

dcowboy7 Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2008
    Pequannock, NJ
    This happened in week 1 too only games were arz/stl & gb/sf.

RZ stays on till all games are done or 8:00 whatever comes 1st.

5. dcowboy7

dcowboy7 Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2008
    Pequannock, NJ
    Its a cbs doubleheader weekend but cbs cant show a game at 1:00 in NY cause the giants are home.

Thats why NY gets only 1 fox & 1 cbs game.

6. Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick Icon

Aug 25, 2006
    Long Island
    I thought that was might be the case. Therefore, this condition will exist in any market where a local NFC team has a 1:00 home game against another NFC team. That would be NYC, Chicago & Green Bay.

7. John W

John W Icon

Dec 19, 2005
    We've been devotees of RZ since it began and , no, they will go to 8 PM as usual.

8. renbutler

renbutler Godfather

Oct 17, 2008
    This is a unique situation at this point in the season, caused by the necessary postponement of the Chargers/Raiders game, which would have been played at 4:25 p.m., to 11:35 p.m.

So it really is an oddity, and not something that the NFL planned for.