1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NFL Sunday Ticket on dish network?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Steveox, Apr 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steveox

Steveox Banned User

Apr 21, 2004
    Hi,I just got done watching the rebrodcast on charlie chat.Im a new customer on dish network.I recently dumped direct tv cause their prices are outrages high!
    I wanna know can charlie the C.E.O work out a deal with the NFL to get NFL sunday ticket.And here are my suggestions how this should work.

I like to see two packages.
    NFL Sunday Ticket= $189 season
    NFL Team Ticket =$99 you select your favorite team and youll only see that team you chose.(Note cannot select your home team must be least 75 mile radus from local market.)

No home games from your city home team on Sunday Ticket.You must be 75 mile radus from local TV network to see your home team.But however you can watch your home team on Sunday Ticket when theyre on the road.

I bet NFL commisioner would approve this deal

2. MattS

MattS Godfather

Apr 5, 2004
    Very doubtful in the near future at least. No point in spending outragous amounts of dollars for a contract with the NFL and end up losing money on it in the end. Plus D* has the contrcat with the NFL through like 2007 I believe

3. Msguy

Msguy Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2003
    If Sirius comes to Dish Network. You can listen to NFL Audio via that. Sirius is supposed to Air Every NFL Regular Season Game Starting this year

4. Steveox

Steveox Banned User

Apr 21, 2004
    DTV also has
    MLB Extra Innings
    NHL Center Ice
    NBA League pass
    The same sports dish now has.Hey my team is the baltimore ravens and i live in south florida and i hate the frigging dolphins.At least dish can offer $99 NFL team ticket and i would subscribe for it and i can watch all my ravens games.

5. Steveox

Steveox Banned User

Apr 21, 2004
    Dish network wont be losing money they would be gaining cause now people are leaving direct tv because their programming are so high!Thats the reason i dumped DTV .I think if dish network gets the NFL,, DTV would be in some trouble.Isnt dish network idea to destroy the cable industry?Like in that dish tv commerical (who let the pigs in) the pigs making fun of the cable company,I think DTV should be the monkeys and it be funny how you get the monkeys out? :lol:

6. Ken_F

Ken_F Godfather/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 13, 2003
    As others have indicated, Dish can't get Sunday Ticket until 2008. DirecTV has an exclusive agreement with the NFL through 2007.

The other packages you mentioned are not exclusives.

7. Curtis0620

Curtis0620 Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002

If the NFL was so important, then you should never have left Directv.

8. NEBUGEATER

NEBUGEATER AllStar

May 18, 2003
    I do not believe that you will get the NFL on Dish via Sirius. I have no link to anything official that says that but the consensus of what I have read has said that the ONLY portion of Sirius that will be on Dish is the music. I have read that there is the posibility int he future that a select few of the talk streams could be added but not from the start. If there is better info out that contradicts this and is factual I would leve to see it but I have not found anything that officially mentiones anything but the music.

9. Geronimo

Geronimo Native American Potentate DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    No one really knows about the audio NFL. In early releaes they highlighted the fact that Sirius has the NFFL but never quite said what would be on DISH. Lateron they indicated that it was music only. The door has opened a bit since then concerning talk but the NFL has not been specifically mentioned. But people WANT this to happen so they fill in the blanks.

10. mil76

mil76 New Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Steveox, fellow Ravens fan here. I'm in Colorado, subscribe to Dish, and I'm faced with your same problem. For this year, we should be in pretty good shape for Ravens games. Four games will be on MNF or ESPN, so Sunday Ticket doesn't apply to them. They play the Cowboys at home, so that could be a national game on Fox. Since they're playing both NY teams, you may want to see if you can do something to get NY distant locals. I'm counting on one or two additional games coming through on LA distants, or on Denver locals when the Broncos are off or playing on ESPN or MNF. I ponder getting Sunday Ticket every year, but I only care about seeing one team. For the rest of the Ravens games that I can't get, I'll just go to a sports bar, or better yet, use the $$ for Sunday Ticket to make a trip to Baltimore for a game.

11. Chris Freeland

Chris Freeland Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    If you still have your D* receivers and dish up, why not just sub to NFL-ST from D* and continue to get everything else from E*? NFL-ST is the one seasonal sports package that you can sub to from D* without being forced into any other programing packs. I have considered this to get the Dolphins, I now live in TN which is Titan country and I have always bean a Dolphin fan, GO Fish :).

12. garypen

garypen Hall Of Fame/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Feb 1, 2004
    Do you have any eights?

13. homeskillet

homeskillet Icon

Feb 3, 2004
    Usually Denver CBS will carry Kansas City Chiefs when the Broncos are off.

14. DCSholtis

DCSholtis Up The Irons!

Aug 7, 2002
    FYI you should never have dumped D*....New subs for NFL ST is $219.00 this year up $30.00. Current subs are grandfathered into last years price.

15. Steveox

Steveox Banned User

Apr 21, 2004
    Like i said Direct TV is ripping off customers on their high pricing.I have complained to the FCC about them but the US goverment did nothing about Direct TV volations.I belive Dishnet is fair to their customers and dont give them a bunch of crap unlike direct tv does.You realize i watched my orioles on a wednesday night
    A WEDNESDAY NIGHT! On direct tv all major league games are blacked out on direct tv on wednesday nights.I called and complaned and they keep telling me its ESPNs excusive rights too all games.So if thats the case why dishnetwork arent blacking out games on wednesday nights?No wonder people are droping direct tv.

16. Curtis0620

Curtis0620 Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    What high pricing. Directv is comparable to Dishnetwork. There are no Wednesday blackouts on MLB extra innings anymore. Directv has more games because of YES, where Dishnet does not have the rights to carry these games.

17. DCSholtis

DCSholtis Up The Irons!

Aug 7, 2002
    Thats a BS statement if I ever heard one and JohnH if he is around can back me up on it...the Wednesday Night Blackout was LIFTED since early on last season for D* Subs and YES I watched ALL available games on Wednesday and have since last year. All of which show YOU never studied your info before throwing out that ridiculous and hillarious statement. BTW I hope your "complaint" you filed ended up right where it belonged in the first place, the circular file

18. Curtis0620

Curtis0620 Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    I think we can now offically call him a TROLL.

19. 88fan

88fan Legend

Jan 22, 2004
    Met Charlie in person at dish summit in Baltimore last year. In a nutshell he said he would use his money to launch locals in every city for the price NFL wanted for the Sunday ticket. He has no plans to get the Sunday ticket. And yes, it is under contract with directv until 2007.

20. JohnH

JohnH Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    As far as MLB EI is concerned, the absence of YES Network on E* has only caused 2 games to be missed so far this season. ESPN does not have an exclusive national window on Wednesday anymore. It is the same on D*, E* and InDemand.

NFL sunday ticket is exclusive to DirecTV.

DirecTV also has the distribution contract for NFL Sunday Ticket.

Price differences between D* and E* are not that significant to go across the border and then say I want my NFL Sunday Ticket. Not only that, but I want my own special version of NFL Sunday Ticket.

The announcemant of adding Sirius Satellite radio to E* initially said Music channels only. Since then there has been rumor of adding the Air America channel if it gets there.

Yes DCSholtis is correct.

I do subscribe to MLB EI on D* and E*.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.