NFL Sunday Ticket Schedule is out!

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by bonscott87, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Jul 1, 2008 #1 of 28
    bonscott87

bonscott87 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

Jan 21, 2003
    Don't know how long it's been out but it wasn't when I checked a week ago. This may help those who are on the fence about cancelling or not to see how many games they are interested in that's in the package.

And here it is: http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPageIF.jsp?assetId=1800006

And before anyone posts about the HD games, those aren't known until the week or two before the games broadcast, at least in past years.

2. Jul 2, 2008 #2 of 28
    Gary Toma

Gary Toma UNIX

Mar 22, 2006
    Actually, all the Regular Season Games will be in HD for NBC, FOX, NFLNET and ESPN. That leaves CBS, who say they will provide a maximum of "six or seven" HD games per week.

Despite CBS, this year will be the highest percentage of HD games ever!

3. Jul 2, 2008 #3 of 28
    Dan Burgess

Dan Burgess AllStar

Apr 3, 2008
    Ken H, the reputable moderator at AVSForum, has publicly stated that all CBS games in the coming season will be in HD. Engadget echoed his statement in this posting.

I believe Ken's prediction.

4. Jul 2, 2008 #4 of 28
    dcowboy7

dcowboy7 Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2008
    Pequannock, NJ
    the sched has been out since april 15.

5. Jul 2, 2008 #5 of 28
    Gary Toma

Gary Toma UNIX

Mar 22, 2006
    Dan,
    Here's the response to the Engadget article as posted here on DBSTALK on June 8'th in this same Forum. The post is by user 'satelliteracer' a DIRECTV employee:

"Just a heads up, we believe this article is wrong after further discussions with CBS. We are still told by them directly that not every game will be in HD this year despite what this article says."

The DIRECTV response is also in agreement with HDSPORTSGUIDE.COM, which also went back to CBS a second time for full clarification after the Engadget article. The boiler-plate response from CBS is consistently "...a maximum of six or seven NFL HD games per week."

Let's hope they have a pleasant surprise in store for all of us!

6. Jul 2, 2008 #6 of 28
    dcowboy7

dcowboy7 Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2008
    Pequannock, NJ
    it will only affect 10 games at the most over the course of the season anyways....but i still think all will be hd when said n done.

7. Jul 2, 2008 #7 of 28
    caimakale

caimakale Legend

Oct 30, 2006
    Yeah but it blows when your favorite team is one of the worst in the league. It's likely that the only Dolphins games that will be in HD are the ones against New England. :mad:

Last season I knew that they would lose, but it's still nice to see them lose in HD.

8. Jul 2, 2008 #8 of 28
    dcowboy7

dcowboy7 Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2008
    Pequannock, NJ
    the 2 jets games as well as they will never stiff ny the #1 tv market.

9. Jul 2, 2008 #9 of 28
    Ryan

Ryan Icon

Apr 24, 2002
    I don't know, but you might get a little luckier than last year. Last year, some games were produced in HD and available in HD in the cities of the teams playing. One specific game was the Eagles at Dolphins, which wasn't in HD via Sunday Ticket, but was in HD via local broadcast here in Philly (and in Miami).

At that time, DirecTV was bandwidth constrained and had to skip HD coverage of some games. This season DirecTV should be able to provide every game produced in HD via the package.

Of course, CBS still insists that a game or two a week will not be produced in HD.

10. dcowboy7

dcowboy7 Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2008
    Pequannock, NJ
    but the problem is he is in utah and he wants the fins.

11. dcowboy7

dcowboy7 Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2008
    Pequannock, NJ
    it would only be 10 games at the most over the course of the season.

12. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    IIRC, the channels will be shared with college football and will not be -1 channels for HD but be the same numbers with delete SD duplicates working.

13. Gary Toma

Gary Toma UNIX

Mar 22, 2006
    Checking the schedule:
    1. If CBS does "up to a maximum of 7 games per week", then only 3 games will fall off the HD wagon.
    2. If CBS does "up to a maximum of 6 games per week", then 9 games will fall off the HD wagon.
    But CBS's announced "up to a a maximum of 6 or 7 games per week" leaves the barn door open for some more SD fallout.

The best news: even if CBS lets 15 games fall into SD oblivion, that still means we have a season of 94% HD games. Not so bad at all, eh?

14. Ryan

Ryan Icon

Apr 24, 2002
    yes, which is why I said:
    Last year it was a bandwidth issue (supposedly); Bandwidth should not be an issue this season, so any game produced in HD should conceivably be available via ST. As in last years Eagles/Dolphins match up. That game was HD, but DirecTV chose not to make it available in HD via ST for bandwidth reasons.

15. Gary Toma

Gary Toma UNIX

Mar 22, 2006
    Good memory, Tony. Per 'satelliteracer' on June 6'th (this forum)

"... ESPN Game Plan and NFL are sharing space this year. GamePlan on 701-709 on Saturdays. Sunday Ticket 701-717 on Sundays."

And again on June 6'th:
    "...Sunday Ticket is ....staying put in the 700's, only the range will shrink as HD and SD will occupy the same channel now rather then separate HD channel numbers."

16. kikkenit2

kikkenit2 Icon

Oct 25, 2006
    Wonderful news no more overlapping games on the HD channels. May still miss the beginning of the afternoon local broadcast games. Any chance the local HD feeds will be mirrored to the 7xx channels?

17. bonscott87

Jan 21, 2003
    While technically true, DirecTV just posted the Sunday Ticket Schedule. ;)

18. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    Here is a formula:

Sunday Ticket Schedule =
    (NFL Schedule
    - Sunday Night Football Schedule
    - Any games not on Sunday)

Pretty simple, huh?

:)

19. dcowboy7

dcowboy7 Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2008
    Pequannock, NJ
    i know & im just saying how long the scheds been out. ;)

20. bonscott87

Jan 21, 2003
    Sighhh. Heck, I watched the NFL Schedule announced on NFL Network, that's how sick I am. ;) But most people have no idea. Every year I see people get all excited on the forums when the Sunday Ticket schedule is posted thus I posted that it was out for those people. :D