NFL Sunday Ticket Streaming - A Week 1 Review

Discussion in 'Internet Streaming Services' started by B. Shoe, Sep 9, 2019.

1. B. Shoe

B. Shoe Mentor

Apr 3, 2008
    Illinois
    Watched NFL games all day through the Sunday Ticket app on my ATV4K box as my primary means of accessing NFLST.

Loved being able to pick which four games I wanted to focus on when I tiled four games at once. Usually set one of the four boxes as Red Zone. Streams held consistent all day in a tiled mode, and I’m on a 50MB fiber connection.

It was a little finicky sometimes to remove games from the multi view setup, or replace the game I wanted to swap out. But a little patience got me through. Was able to quickly swap over to my YTTV app to watch games via local channels.

All in all, a good experience to watch NFL football via all streaming.

Rich and mjwagner like this.
  2. joshjr

joshjr Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    They had an issue with a production truck in the KC and Jags game that made everyone miss the entire 4th qtr. Not happy about that. The local switched to a more competitive game before that happened to so I was streaming the ST game at work and that didnt work. I get its probably never gonna happen again but $300 for 16 games I wanna see is a lot. Hope they have another option to get the game back on next time.

3. B. Shoe

B. Shoe Mentor

Apr 3, 2008
    Illinois
    I can understand your frustration, as I would be if it affected my favorite team. But "they" aren't NFL Sunday Ticket, nor is it a streaming only situation. The satellite broadcast channel was down, also It's the production trucks that experienced technical issues.

4. joshjr

joshjr Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    Then they can take it up with the NFL. DirecTV does not get to make their problems my problems. We see what happens when channels go dark and they make their problems our problems. People jump ship. I get that it wasnt DirecTV's fault it happened. I also get that it wasnt mine either and that I paid for it and I didnt get what I paid for. Up to them how they deal with those things. If you buy concert tickets and are forced to leave before the final act comes out that you went there to see are you gonna want someone to make it right? Will that be Ticketmasters fault? No but they accept the responsibility for it when they decide to sell the tickets just like DirecTV accepts responsibility for all Sunday Ticket issues I have. Just like XM Radio accepts all responsibility for all issues they have. I expect to get what I pay for. Is that to much to ask?

5. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    "Too much?" It is a lot to ask. Fortunately not everybody watching the game demanded a credit.

If the incident was caused by DIRECTV it would be something where I'd expect DIRECTV to give an automatic credit.

You have made it clear you don't give a damn about DIRECTV ... but this wasn't a DIRECTV problem. You are the one making this a DIRECTV problem. Channels going dark (I assume you mean by carriage dispute) is a DIRECTV caused problem ... since they refused to pay the carriage fees demanded by the channel. They didn't say "hey, if we pay the demanded fee your bill will jump $2 per month, okay?" and allow their customers to choose if continued carriage was worth the cost. The channels won't allow DIRECTV to do that on an individual subscriber basis and chances are if DIRECTV took a poll on most disputed channels the customers would choose against the high increases demanded.

6. joshjr

joshjr Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    NE Oklahoma

Well thats where we disagree then James. I make no bones that I have never liked you or seen eye to eye with you. If you choose to get less then what you paid for that is your business. How can I expect DirecTV to give a damn about the issue if I dont call about it? If this happened every week and no one called they would just let us lose games that we paid for. They need people to call and tell them there is a problem and hold them accountable to fix the issue. While I understand this was out of their hands, they sold it to me and are responsible for me getting what I paid for. I didnt see anywhere that said I am not obligated to get the games I paid for or I wouldnt of signed up for it. You think the NFL wouldnt tell me to call DirecTV about not getting Sunday Ticket?

Maybe its cool for you to get the channels you pay for on XM part of the time and the channels you pay for on DirecTV part of the time and your internet service you pay for part of the time and anything else you pay for. Thats your choice. I dont think it is unreasonable to expect to get what I paid for. When you buy a TV do you expect for it to work properly out of the box? If one component dont work right, do you want one that works right? I would. I guess you would not. For the record, I didnt demand they give me a credit.

Also you stated for DirecTV issues you would expect an automatic credit. You talk out of both sides of your mouth. You also said that DirecTV is responsible for channel outages and yet I didnt get an automatic credit for that. I even called and they said they would give on and didnt. Waited 2 months and only brought it up again when this Sunday Ticket issue happened. I do care about DirecTV actually. I dont care that AT&T is dragging them down but I do care for them as a company. They are the best and I dont have a problem holding them accountable for what I pay for.

7. B. Shoe

B. Shoe Mentor

Apr 3, 2008
    Illinois
    This is the second thread you've now hijacked about being upset over this situation. We get it, you're angry about it. Get the steam out and be done with it. I'm here to chat constructively about the product.

MysteryMan likes this.
  8. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Agreed. He got his credit. There is no need to continue to blow the issue out of proportion. Time to move on.