1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nfl Sunday Ticket Superfan supercast

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by directvsocks, Sep 17, 2008.

1. directvsocks

directvsocks AllStar

Sep 16, 2008
    The superfan product has been oversold and for two weeks in a row, supercast has told users that too many user were already connected and advised to try again later.

Customers pay $400 for the superfan package and are told to try again later.

Directv offered me a $20/mo credit for six months and promised the problem would be resolved in 24 hours.

I have subscribed to the NFL Sunday ticket for 12 years

2. DanER40

DanER40 Legend

Oct 25, 2007
    This was on a deal site I frequent. Things like these usually spread to other deals sites like wild fire. This thread had over 20,000 hits. Here is the text from the post:

All these poachers could be sucking up the bandwidth.

3. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    There are no bandwidth issues .. The comments made above are completely untrue .. As for the "Free" sites, DIRECTV is aware of this information already.

4. directvsocks

directvsocks AllStar

Sep 16, 2008
    If Directv is not having bandwidth problems with Supercast, why did they offer me $120 in credits because I could not get their programming but did get the message to try again later?

I called Blitz, Directv contracted them to write the software to stream the NFL supercast, and they verified directv did not have the server capacity for the requests ther received in weeks one and two.

You can call them yourself
    http://www.businesswire.com/portal/...d=news_view&newsId=20080915005411&newsLang=en

5. directvsocks

directvsocks AllStar

Sep 16, 2008
  6. directvsocks

directvsocks AllStar

Sep 16, 2008
  7. directvsocks

directvsocks AllStar

Sep 16, 2008
  8. dbronstein

dbronstein Hall Of Fame

Oct 21, 2002
    There was something going on with the login last weekend. I give my father my login info so he can watch the Giants in Chicago. He said he just clicked on the link I sent him and he went right into it without having to enter any login info at all.

9. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    No need to call .. from the information I've heard, the report was "There were no capacity issues."

As for credits .. There are a number of folks here that have gotten a $20/month credit for a variety of reasons .. perhaps the CSR was just trying to make you happy.

10. rahlquist

rahlquist Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2007
  11. directvsocks

directvsocks AllStar

Sep 16, 2008
    What was the report that you heard and who was the source? I gave you the phone number to my source. I included url's to support my observations. I personally contacted Blitz and Directv regarding the issue. I have phone records for the calls.

You should be able to do better than "information I've heard". Clearly a moderator can support his contested claims in an adult fashion and not "because I said so."

12. directvsocks

directvsocks AllStar

Sep 16, 2008
    My bad.

Last season it was web based, per another thread on this site. It's eerie how they are having the same problem with production software/content/hardware that they did before a nationwide client based roll-out. I wonder how IT will deflect this problem.

p.s. thanks for reading and try it yourself this weekend

13. evan_s

evan_s Hall Of Fame

Mar 3, 2008
    Supercast from this year and supercast from last year are completely different things. This years is an adobe AIR app. Air didn't even exist last year.

14. directvsocks

directvsocks AllStar

Sep 16, 2008
    Agreed.

Explain the same problem logging in to web based content last year and logging in to client based streaming content the first two weeks of the season this year.
    Or are you unable to reveal your sources?

15. directvsocks

directvsocks AllStar

Sep 16, 2008
    Full disclosure:

It worked (for me) week one logging in before the early games started

It did not work (for me) week two logging in 30 minutes after the first games started.

16. directvsocks

directvsocks AllStar

Sep 16, 2008
    Directv would admit they have a problem and try to resolve it.

17. Blitz68

Blitz68 Hall Of Fame

Apr 19, 2006
    If you paid that than you are a fool.

Superfan is $99

18. dbronstein

dbronstein Hall Of Fame

Oct 21, 2002
    You can still watch the supercast from a web browser this year. You can't do it full-screen - you need to use AIR for that - but you can still watch the games. So it's not completely different.

19. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    Worked fine for me both weeks.

20. dcowboy7

dcowboy7 Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2008
    Pequannock, NJ
    i think hes counting as $300 for the ticket + $100 for superfan = $400 total.