NFL Sunday Ticket Week #2: (Game Day) Issues/Discussion

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by Doug Brott, Sep 20, 2009.

1. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Please use this thread for issues and discussion about NFL Sunday Ticket on Game Day (Week #2).

If you are experiencing a problem with Supercast Mobile, please make sure to indicate the following: Device, Device Software Version, and Carrier.

For the Supercast Online (Adobe AIR) please indicate the Computer OS, and OS Version.

Also, please include a detailed description of the problem, things you have tried to resolve the problem and any workarounds that you have used. When applicable (and possible), please attach images as pictures are worth 1,000 words.

This week both Issues and Discussion can occur in the same thread.

2. LameLefty

LameLefty I used to be a rocket scientist

Sep 28, 2006
    Middle...
    Computer: MacBook Pro 2.54 Ghz Core2Duo, 4 GB

Supercast AIR will not display a window. The application launches just fine but no window opens and no content displays. The browser-based version is working normally (Safari 4.0.3). The AIR version worked normally last week.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling AIR, deleting preference files, etc. I have one other AIR-based application on the system (Tweetdeck 0.30.3) and it's working normally right now.

3. mcaldero

mcaldero AllStar

Feb 3, 2006
    In week 1, it was PlayerTracker that was crashing my receiver (it still is). Now, in week 2, even though I am a SuperFan subscriber (and have been for years), the HD games are displaying "channel not purchased." I double-checked my account online and I am definitely signed up for (and paying for) SuperFan. I cannot get through to DIRECTV customer service on the phone. Is anyone else having problems with the HD channels?

4. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Anyone having login issues to SuperFan .. DIRECTV said the following on Twitter:

5. shedberg

shedberg Icon

Jan 20, 2007
    Nope, works fine here! Yea!

6. LarryFlowers

LarryFlowers New Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Just posted by DirecTV... all Superfan Issues should be resolved..

UPDATE on the SuperFan issue... the resolution is being implemented right now. We should have it in place by the start of the next set of games. Thank you for your patience with us! posted on twitter at 15:12 hrs ET

7. RAD

RAD Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    Still can't get Supercast to launch, open a window on a Vista Home Premium SP2 system. It shows up in the task list using the occasional CPU cycle and 37MB to 38MB of memory but no window and doesn't show up on the task bar.

8. LameLefty

LameLefty I used to be a rocket scientist

Sep 28, 2006
    Middle...
    Whenever I try to launch Supercast on my Mac, no window opens. I get the following message in the system Console:

Code:
    NSDocumentController Info.plist warning: The values of CFBundleTypeRole entries must be 'Editor', 'Viewer', 'None', or 'Shell'.
    The app shows up in the toolbar, I can get the version number and so forth, but no content window shows up despite all my troubleshooting, installing and uninstalling, etc.

9. Blitz68

Blitz68 Hall Of Fame

Apr 19, 2006
    Well again I mised the whole first quarter almost of my game which was a late game.

The game was being broadcast locally but delayed because of a late running early game. This is BS!!!! And DirecTV better finds a fix soon. this will be my last year of Sunday Ticket.

Hello!!!! DirecTV, DO NOT BLACKOUT THE 1ST QUATER OF THE LATE GAMES...GUESS WHAT...THERE MIGHT BE A LATE RUNNING EARLY GAME!!!!:mad:

10. randyk47

randyk47 Icon

Aug 21, 2006
    San Antonio, TX
    Maybe I'm missing something here but DirecTV can only transmit what they're being given to transmit. If the network hasn't cut to the following game then how are they going to show you something they don't have????

11. oldfantom

oldfantom Icon

Mar 13, 2006
    I know this has been said, but this is not D*. This is the NFL. D* does not blackout anything for any sport.

There are very specific cutover rules for games and blackout rules to protect the local market. So, if you are in a home market of a team and that team comes on the late game, the early game can only run 15 minutes into the home team game, even if it is the best contest ever. If the locals networks have picked up a game, it will be blacked out on Sunday Ticket. These are the rules. Now you know. They are not going to change. If you decide that makes ST worth less or worthless, then you can leave without frustration. Or you can become a high priced lawyer and get yourself into the negotiations then next time D* is in talks with the NFL over the carriage rights.

12. Blitz68

Blitz68 Hall Of Fame

Apr 19, 2006
    LOL.... Your missing a whole lot it looks like.

13. kevinwmsn

kevinwmsn Hall Of Fame

Aug 19, 2006
    Your best bet is to call and complain to your local network, being that is the game you want to see. Sunday Ticket games unfortunitely block out the local games(for most folks).

14. joed32

joed32 Hall Of Fame

Jul 27, 2006
    They can and have opened up the ST channel for games that come on late because of an overrun. They are not allowed to show a game that's on a local channel, but if it isn't on they can.

15. baby on way

baby on way Cool Member

Aug 29, 2008
    Were you upset cause the Steelers game broke in half way through the first. I was upset to because the Titans game ran late. I did turn it to the Mix channel to see if it was on there, and it was before the local affiliate switched to it. Granted it wasn't in full screen but if I didn't have the Ticket I wouldn't have seen any of it. Just a suggestion if you have the mix channel toon in there to watch it until your local affiliate turns it to the late game.

16. Blitz68

Blitz68 Hall Of Fame

Apr 19, 2006
    EXACTLY!!!!!

17. Blitz68

Blitz68 Hall Of Fame

Apr 19, 2006
    I did the same thing. but for almost $300 I do not want to have to use a microscope.... By the way Chris Johnson is just sick!!!

18. oldfantom

oldfantom Icon

Mar 13, 2006
    OK, that is pretty stupid. Trust me when I say I thought about my words pretty carefully. I don't usually choose to this critical of a post.

Walk through how this idea is supposed to happen in all the markets that show different games that end at different times with different carriage rules in at least 32 of those markets. Plus, the rules are in place so you will watch your local feed with its local ad revenue. It is not there so you can't watch the start of a game. It takes into account the Heidi rules (look it up).

19. tcusta00

tcusta00 Active Member

Dec 31, 2007
    For those bashing the OP: this isn't a simple blackout issue. The games the OP is referring to are not blacked-out, they are being subjected to the NFL rule where a local network may show the 1:00ET game until it finishes if it's the home team. The problem with that is that if they're picking up the 4:00ET game from that same network and the 1:00 game runs over then you're going to miss some of the 4:00, especially if the 1:00 happens to have been a nationally-featured game that week.

I've never had this problem with games I'm interested in but imagine it can be extremely frustrating. Perhaps someone with more information can chime in about why they haven't fixed this.

20. Blitz68

Blitz68 Hall Of Fame

Apr 19, 2006
    Please try and get a clue before you call anyone stupid. You are the only who doesn't have a clue.