1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NFL SundayTicket Week #1

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Gary Toma, Sep 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sep 1, 2011 #1 of 32
    Gary Toma

Gary Toma UNIX DBSTalk Club

Mar 22, 2006
    Attached is the weekly NFL Schedule customized for DIRECTV SundayTicket subscribers. All games are in HD. Red highlight Networks broadcast in 1080i, Blue highlight Networks broadcast in 720p. Time Zone Specific
    Schedules are provided for each Time Zone; please note the names of the attachments to identify the correct PDF for your time zone.
    SundayTicket Broadcasts
    The rightmost section provides the SundayTicket HD game assignments, channels 704 through 718. Other channels are 701-Player Tracker, 702-Game Mix and 703-Red Zone. On Monday and Tuesday, channels 704-705 provide 30-minute Short Cut games.
    Customize Your Schedule
    The PDF schedules are formatted with Adobe ‘forms’ enabled. Editing can be done with Adobe Acrobat Release 8 or later or recent versions of the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.​
    National Broadcasts
    You can add your LIL (Local-Into-Local) or DNS (Distant Network Service) CBS, FOX and NBC channel numbers to the schedule.

Regional Broadcasts
    You can find in advance which regional games local CBS and FOX affiliates (or your CBS and FOX DNS stations) will be carrying by checking online ‘NFL TV Distribution Maps’. Add those channels to your schedule. These DMA maps are available beginning Tuesday in the week preceding the game.
    Blackouts
    Regional Blackouts
    DIRECTV is required to blackout a SundayTicket game that would duplicate regional programming by your local CBS or FOX affiliate.
    Local Blackouts
    DIRECTV is required to blackout a SundayTicket game that would duplicate the home game provided by your local affiliate.
    Not Sold Out
    If your home game is not sold out, your local station and DIRECTV both are required to blackout that live game in your home DMA.​

{Schedules for AKDT/Alaska and HAST/Hawaii are included to see if there is interest}

2. Sep 1, 2011 #2 of 32
    Justin23

Justin23 Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    Is it just me or are there no attachments?

3. Sep 1, 2011 #3 of 32
    joshjr

joshjr Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    I like the layout of these things but wonder what if others would find it useful to show the D* channels of games airing on DNS feeds as well. it would be like a fall back for ST which dont have problem often but something else to check on if they do. I know not everyone has DNS feeds but sometimes they are opened up to everyone as well. Those slots other then the ESPN game on Mondays dont have anything listed in them anyways and hose channels can stay. The DNS channels are the same for everyone. Any thoughts?

4. Sep 1, 2011 #4 of 32
    Gary Toma

Mar 22, 2006

You are sane -- just too fast for me. I started the uploads and then discovered the PDF ability to fill-in-the-blanks-yourself had gone awry. I needed to make a software correction and then do the upload once again. Sorry...

5. Sep 1, 2011 #5 of 32
    JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2008
    week 1 is still free right?

6. Sep 1, 2011 #6 of 32
    Gary Toma

Mar 22, 2006
    joshjr,

Please check out the GameSearch feature, HERE

This may be the answer you are looking for. I have not tried it, but if it works as advertised, we're in great shape.

For the DNS stations - if you get them - you will need to go to the "NFL TV Distribution Maps" link in the original post. There, you will need to know your DNS station so you can find what specific games they are carrying. The TPN Map spreadsheet can help you find what station/call letters provides what DNS feeds.

7. Sep 1, 2011 #7 of 32
    joshjr

joshjr Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    Yeah I can do all that I just thought it would be neat if that unused space had the DNS stations listed for the games that are aired on them. Its not all games obviously but is several. I dont usually use them but from time to time I do check to see what is on them.

8. Sep 5, 2011 #8 of 32
    trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    According to the TVmail I received, yes, week 1 on 9/11/11 is free.

9. Sep 5, 2011 #9 of 32
    djzack67

djzack67 Icon

Sep 18, 2007
    It's free?

10. Gary Toma

Mar 22, 2006
    Yes. Yes. Week #31 of SundayTicket is a free preview.

11. Crystal Pepsi Ball

Crystal Pepsi Ball Godfather

Jun 29, 2004
    West Valley...
    Week 31???

12. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    Probably when he hit the shift-3 for the # sign he did a double tap and ended up with an extra 3. So don't get too excited -- the season hasn't doubled in length -- although if football players were real men, they'd play more than one game a week.... :)

13. Lord Vader

Lord Vader Supreme Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 20, 2004
    Galactic Empire
    Kinda weird how my local FOX network station AND my FOX east and west coast DNS feeds have no information for the late game Sunday (3:00 p.m. CDT). The guide just shows "NFL Football."

14. JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2008
    that likely will get filled in. Now if you had cable then that is all that you see.

15. joshjr

joshjr Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    My understanding from a local CBS GM is that they pay for the rights to air the game and are allowed to pick what games they air. Maybe your stations just have not picked what games they are planning to air yet. The DNS channels do not show data for me yet either. I will have to check my locals when I get home tonight.

16. dcowboy7

dcowboy7 Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2008
    Pequannock, NJ
    They do.
    For example the lions play sunday nov 20 then play again thursday nov 24 - 2 games in 1 week. :D

FOX hasnt released their final sched yet -- they usually wait until about wednesday.

Sometimes they do a preliminary list early but they dont for week 1.

CBS has so you should see their 1:00 games already listed.

17. joshjr

joshjr Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    The question I was responding to was about afternoon games on Sunday.

18. dcowboy7

dcowboy7 Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2008
    Pequannock, NJ
    Yea me too.

Thats why we know the cbs games but not fox yet.

19. Gary Toma

Mar 22, 2006
    Here's the Eastern TZ schedule - with a trial inclusion of the DNS channels. As you all know, FOX West has announced their channels, but FOX East will probably hold off for a few more days.

This is the real problem with trying to include DNS channels or any one area's Regional games for that matter. It really bogs down the whole process while you wait for announcements. That is why I send everyone off to the TV Distribution Maps website for all their location specific details.

For those not familiar with DNS:

390 is CBS-E, New York, WCBS
    391 is CBS-W, Los Angeles, KCBS

392 is NBC-E, New York, WNBC
    393 is NBC-W, Los Angeles, KNBC

398 is FOX-E, New York, WNYW
    399 iS FOX-W, Los Angeles, KTTV

20. Gary Toma

Mar 22, 2006
    Just to share -- I have found the site www.titantv.com to be the fastest and typically most accurate source of programming info.

Also just noticed that the TV Distribution Maps are now up. So Kirby, at that site, has gotten confirmation from FOX somehow and has finalized the maps. This fellow is great - no question!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.