1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NFL Superfan-Will ALL games broadcast in HD this year?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by sadmaker, Jul 24, 2008.

1. sadmaker

sadmaker Mentor

Sep 16, 2006
    I've seen differing reports on this, specifically CBS-HD.

Bottom line, look at a my avatar to see why Im concerned about this. If they cut out even ONE game from HD, I expect it'll be my beloved Dolphins.

Before I commit to ST/SF, I need to know this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. TimGoodwin

TimGoodwin Icon

Jun 29, 2004
    Some reports say yes, while others say no. Fox will do HD for all games. CBS has not really come out and said what there plans are.

3. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    All games on FOX will be in HD but no word from CBS yet. I believe the last rumor that is out there is 5 or 6 games a week in HD for CBS.

4. bscott

bscott Legend

Jun 4, 2004
    I'm sure Satteliteracer could better answer this, but my understanding was that if FOX or CBS offer the game in HD, then it will be broadcasted on SuperFan in HD. So the only reason it wouldn't be is that CBS didn't offer it in HD. That would be a CBS issue and last year I don't think they determined what games would be done in HD until that week.

5. Michael D'Angelo

Oct 20, 2006
    That is correct. If the game is offered in HD it will be broad-casted in HD this year. The problem is CBS has not said if they will have all the games in HD this year or not.

6. Elephanthead

Elephanthead Legend

Feb 3, 2007
    They probably don't have enough HD capable crews to cover every game, especially on games not being widely distributed, I feel your pain.

7. lovswr

lovswr Godfather

Jan 12, 2004
    Riverview, FL
  8. TimGoodwin

TimGoodwin Icon

Jun 29, 2004
  9. wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose Hall Of Fame

Aug 16, 2006
    Folks - remember. You'll need an MPEG-4 capable reciever this year!

10. Gary Toma

Gary Toma UNIX

Mar 22, 2006
    sadmaker,

Here's the link here to an earlier DBSTALK thread that will give you all the details you need.

11. bosco10021

bosco10021 Icon

Apr 16, 2006
    All games in HD this year except the Dolphins games. :D

Only joking....

12. bonscott87

bonscott87 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

Jan 21, 2003
    By contract CBS (and Fox) have until 2009 to go 100% HD games. So we have that to look forward to anyway if CBS doesn't step up to the plate.

13. Msguy

Msguy Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2003
    I think CBS will broadcast all the games in HD This year. if they don't this year then next year definately they will be doing so. As a previous poster stated in 2009 all NFL games will have to be broadcast in HD Anyway. They have a contract to do so. I'll be watching Most of my games on FOX anyway due to the Bears being in the NFC.

14. Gary Toma

Gary Toma UNIX

Mar 22, 2006
    Keep an eye on HDSPORTSGUIDE, here They have a daily interface with each of the networks. They will be the first to know and publish any changes by CBS. These are the folks who went back to CBS after the mis-guided Engadget article, and restated that CBS had not modified their original announcement of a "... maximum of 6 or 7 games per week in HD."

gct

15. beavis

beavis Icon

Jun 8, 2005
    The D* web page for the schedule has all of them in HD.

16. Redlinetire

Redlinetire Icon

Jul 24, 2007
    Mods might want to add 'Football' to the title, since there is more than one instance of Superfan in use by DirecTV.

17. Michael D'Angelo

Oct 20, 2006
    Agree, NFL added to title.

18. Gary Toma

Gary Toma UNIX

Mar 22, 2006
    Yes, yes, the DIRECTV website does have the NFL Schedule with ALL games assigned an HD channel. (Except for week 17, which has no channel assignments at all.)

It's either a bad error on DIRECTV's part, or CBS has perhaps decided to go 100% HD for the NFL.

I just find it hard to believe that CBS would pass up a chance to toot their own horn....

19. dcowboy7

dcowboy7 Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2008
    Pequannock, NJ
    ill go with the error on directvs part....though i do think cbs will do all games in hd.

20. Jestr40

Jestr40 Godfather

Jul 22, 2007
    Perhaps D* will just "up-convert" the SD CBS feeds to make it "look" like HD. We could then have "fish-eye" football.:nono2: