DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

NHL Center Ice 2010-11

239K views 3K replies 185 participants last post by  Scott Kocourek 
#1 ·
Now that the heat wave broke in the East and the draft and free agency period are in the rear view mirror, can I now begin the whine, beg, cajole and any other earnest verb you can come up with for the remaining HD feeds to be added for next year. :lol:

#2 ·
All I can say about NHLCI and HD, is we better continue to get the MSG HD feeds again this year. And hopefully they will have HD feeds for home and most away games as well.

And there is no real break in the heat wave here in Texas. Although its in the low 90's right now instead of the upper 90's or 100+.

#4 ·
I got a taste of NHLCI free to start last season... was I ever disappointed. My love of hockey could never justify the cost for such a poor quality product. I figured I'd add the Sports Pack sometime during the season so I can watch more teams... Panthers have gotten old (though Talon is making me smile a bit), sick of the same old same old on VS. Would really like to see some western teams that don't wear flying wheel on red pajamas. Wish the NHL would get it's sh*t together.

Heat wave here is all year... Ice mainly in tea...

#5 ·
WayGod said:
I got a taste of NHLCI free to start last season... was I ever disappointed. My love of hockey could never justify the cost for such a poor quality product. I figured I'd add the Sports Pack sometime during the season so I can watch more teams... Panthers have gotten old (though Talon is making me smile a bit), sick of the same old same old on VS. Would really like to see some western teams that don't wear flying wheel on red pajamas. Wish the NHL would get it's sh*t together.

The sports pack won't give you any NHL games because they are all blacked out. Outside of NHL Center Ice the only way you can watch games other than your hometown team on your local sports station is via Versus and NHL Network.

#6 ·
just call the retention and see how good of a discount you can get on NHL Center Ice. last yr my complaint was the VS issue and the MSH HD feed issue. but thats resolved now. but I got it for $110 which is better the $159 I think it was. I know this is about hockey but MLB EI has more HD feeds I think the NHL CI. I watch Minnesota. when the season started I think I heard that Minnesota Wild would only have 35 HD feeds.

#7 ·
Dcm210 said:
just call the retention and see how good of a discount you can get on NHL Center Ice. last yr my complaint was the VS issue and the MSH HD feed issue. but thats resolved now. but I got it for $110 which is better the $159 I think it was. I know this is about hockey but MLB EI has more HD feeds I think the NHL CI. I watch Minnesota. when the season started I think I heard that Minnesota Wild would only have 35 HD feeds.
Last year I called on opening night and complained about the Versus situation and got the NHL package for free. Doubt I'll get it that cheap this year.:hurah:

#8 ·
Avder said:
I'd like the canadian HD feeds added please, so I can actually watch the rest of the NorthWest division in HD. SD sucks.
add missing OTA HD games

Canucks TV HD
Oilers PPV HD
Flames PPV HD
Leafs TV HD
TSN HD
TSN 2 HD
CBC HD
CTV HD
Global HD
Sportsnet Pacific HD
Sportsnet West HD
Sportsnet East HD
can the canadian feed of WGN HD be used as well? It does get used there on there NBA, NHL, MLB packs.

canadian HD feeds for NBA
Raptors NBA TV HD
CBC HD
TSN HD
TSN 2 HD
The Score HD

#10 ·
Dcm210 said:
I am at a loss on Why Fox Sports North doesn't go to all HD like they have done for the Twins. Part of the issue may be the games on local 45 which doesn't broadcast in HD.

The NHLCI and MSG should be good. I paid for NHLCI two years ago and got it free last year. I have no issue paying for it again.

#11 ·
JoeTheDragon said:
add missing OTA HD games

Canucks TV HD
Oilers PPV HD
Flames PPV HD
Leafs TV HD
TSN HD
TSN 2 HD
CBC HD
CTV HD
Global HD
Sportsnet Pacific HD
Sportsnet West HD
Sportsnet East HD
can the canadian feed of WGN HD be used as well? It does get used there on there NBA, NHL, MLB packs.

Raptors NBA TV HD
CBC HD
TSN HD
TSN 2 HD
The Score HD
What does this mean? I would love to be able to get all of those feeds how is that possible?

#13 ·
Big Dawg 23 said:
I am at a loss on Why Fox Sports North doesn't go to all HD like they have done for the Twins. Part of the issue may be the games on local 45 which doesn't broadcast in HD.

The NHLCI and MSG should be good. I paid for NHLCI two years ago and got it free last year. I have no issue paying for it again.
The Twins are a bigger draw, so they get upgraded first. I also anticipate next year will be a lot more HD for the Wild.

#14 ·
Wait, if I get the RSP, I won't get any games? Huh? Then what's the sense of having the package? I'm really completely blacked out? All sports or just hockey? Damn, glad I didn't add it to the bill.

It's crazy here. I get the Bucs and Dolphins games, Rays and Marlins games, don't care about the large round-ball game, but I think I get Heat and Magic. But in it's infinite wisdom to grow the game, the NHL blacks out the Lightning, so I only get the Panthers. I too am sick of VS's and NBC's Caps and Pens show. I almost never get to see western hockey...

#15 ·
WayGod said:
Wait, if I get the RSP, I won't get any games? Huh? Then what's the sense of having the package? I'm really completely blacked out? All sports or just hockey? Damn, glad I didn't add it to the bill.
All professional sports not in your local market are blacked out. Many folks get them for other content, like college sports.

#17 ·
WayGod said:

How many hockey games have you gone to in a real hockey market??

The cost of NHLCI subscription is basically less than cost of a family of four attending one (1) Sabres / Panthers game; in Buffalo; in the cheap seats; parking; and a few refreshments. (2009-10 Prices)

4 Tickets @ $24 - $96
Parking @ $15 - 15
4 Hot Dogs @ $4 - 16
4 soft drinks @ $4 - 16
2 Large Pop Corn @$5 - 10
2 Program @ $5 - 10

Total Game - $163.00

2009-10 NHLCI Subscriber Cost $162 (4 payments $40.50)

Even if you don't get all the games in HD (though I want them all in HD), it is still a great deal.

#18 ·
JoeTheDragon said:
add missing OTA HD games

Canucks TV HD
Oilers PPV HD
Flames PPV HD
Leafs TV HD
TSN HD
TSN 2 HD
CBC HD
CTV HD
Global HD
Sportsnet Pacific HD
Sportsnet West HD
Sportsnet East HD

Raptors NBA TV HD
CBC HD
TSN HD
TSN 2 HD
The Score HD
I'm hoping with D12 we'll see some those feeds in HD this year, but we probably won't.

#19 ·
JoeTheDragon said:
add missing OTA HD games

Canucks TV HD
Oilers PPV HD
Flames PPV HD
Leafs TV HD
TSN HD
TSN 2 HD
CBC HD
CTV HD
Global HD
Sportsnet Pacific HD
Sportsnet West HD
Sportsnet East HD

Raptors NBA TV HD
CBC HD
TSN HD
TSN 2 HD
The Score HD
We need to be realistic here folks. DirecTV has to pay extra for HD feeds. They probably got a deal on SportsNet Ontario since it has both Leafs for hockey and Blue Jays for baseball.

As for the others don't hold your breath. If you are a follower of a Canadian hockey team and don't want to watch it in SD then don't buy the package.

#20 ·
Jables said:
All professional sports not in your local market are blacked out. Many folks get them for other content, like college sports.
You do get late night replays of NHL games with the sports pack, many eastern channels rerun their games at around midnight ET. I went this route last year since a) I am in the Mountain time zone and the replays aren't that late for me and b) I was very angry about the MSG HD feeds being pulled in the middle of last season. Since that issue seems to have been cleared up, I will subscribe again this year.

#21 ·
How many hockey games have you gone to in a real hockey market?

LMAO... been a long time! There was this place called the Boston Gardens. Now, there it is, gone! I do understand your point, but like I said previously, the lack of HD makes me not so thrilled and I was hoping that the RSA would allow me to follow teams I want to see. Actually, CI is cheaper than a year of RSA, but I thought I would also get some college games (oblong-ball, puck, etc.) as well. What can I say, when you're a displaced hockey nut, you just want it all! :D

PS. How do I quote a post?

#23 ·
Islandguy43 said:
How many hockey games have you gone to in a real hockey market??

The cost of NHLCI subscription is basically less than cost of a family of four attending one (1) Sabres / Panthers game; in Buffalo; in the cheap seats; parking; and a few refreshments. (2009-10 Prices)

4 Tickets @ $24 - $96
Parking @ $15 - 15
4 Hot Dogs @ $4 - 16
4 soft drinks @ $4 - 16
2 Large Pop Corn @$5 - 10
2 Program @ $5 - 10

Total Game - $163.00

2009-10 NHLCI Subscriber Cost $162 (4 payments $40.50)

Even if you don't get all the games in HD (though I want them all in HD), it is still a great deal.
Since when are the cheap seats(nose bleeds) 24 bucks? They were 49 the last time I checked in Buffalo..........

#26 ·
rkunces said:
I'm hoping that the NHL's online NHL Gamecenter package will have dual feeds so I don't have to deal with D*'s CI nonsense. More games in HD and hopefully this next season it will have every teams broadcast?
Online HD streaming on a PC is no where near HD on sat. Especially hockey with it's fast motion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.