NHL Friday on Vs, tell me this is not true

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by LinkNuc, Apr 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LinkNuc

LinkNuc Legend

Jul 4, 2007
    Ok so the guide says PGA golf for tomorrows' Pens / Rangers Stanley Cup playoff game...this better not be true...if so enough is enough, I understand real-time golf like masters, u.s open, hell any live pga tourney being that golf is more popular than, well everything in the U.S.... but seriously, if the game isn't in HD tomorrow thats ground to leave because you can guarantee its in HD on cable as VErsus/GF says so on Comcasts cable, so I guess I am beotching for nothing its just our guide screwed up?

http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tvlistings/ZCGrid.do?fromTimeInMillis=1209168000000&position=#57

channel 255

2. DCSholtis

DCSholtis Up The Irons!

Aug 7, 2002
    Apparently at least with D*, is that they are taking the VS HD feed not the Golf HD feed. Not sure about E*s plans.

3. JohnL

JohnL Icon

Apr 1, 2002

LinkNuc,

The normal schedule for the VS/Golf HD Shared Channel is for Golf Channel to get the use of VS/Golf HD each Thursday and Friday evening. While this is true VS is preempting all GOLF content on VS/Golf HD for Thursdays and Fridays until the end of the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Tribune provides data for Dish EPG and it appears that the proper NHL Schedule for the VS/GOLF HD channel is not populated until the Day before at the latest.

John

4. wilssm

wilssm Mentor

Aug 31, 2007
    Thats good to hear

wilssm

5. LinkNuc

LinkNuc Legend

Jul 4, 2007
    Got it, no live golf, NHL Playoffs are on, guide will be updated tomorrow, it'll all be fine tomorrow night, whew!

6. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    Tonight's schedule didn't even say which game was on till the coverage started. It was the same way with the first round of playoffs.

7. Lincoln6Echo

Lincoln6Echo Godfather

Jul 11, 2007
    You know...I'm seriously beginning to hate this shared channel. Why one Earth do we get stupid ass golf shows late at night, when on the regular VS feed, there's MMA fight stuff on. I wanna see my bloody armlock submissions in HD dammit!

8. eddieras

eddieras Godfather

Aug 30, 2007
    also - i notice that sometimes i can't even navigate on the channnel guide to the game on versus - the cursor just won't go there! happened 2x in the past week- anyone else see this- i ended up doing a manual recording

9. djzack67

djzack67 Icon

Sep 18, 2007
    I agree.

10. rpv

rpv Cool Member

May 7, 2007

It is on HD:

http://www.versus.com/

Also they did mention it during the Detroit-Colarado game.

HERE'S TO HOPING THAT THE PENS MAKES IT ALL THE WAY TO THE CUP FINALS!!!:D

11. LinkNuc

LinkNuc Legend

Jul 4, 2007
    Yes sir, white out tonight in HD, turn down the brightness! apparently Sid is a Penn State fan, 1992 was a long time ago I'll be sporting my ol No 5 Ulf Samuesson jersey tonight!

12. eddieras

eddieras Godfather

Aug 30, 2007
    you're right - it will be one of the teams from the pitt v nyr series to march to the finals- but it won't be the pens! :D

13. LinkNuc

LinkNuc Legend

Jul 4, 2007
    Still sore about the sweep in 92? You guys even enshrined the loss on the mural in the Sears Tower!

14. elbodude

elbodude Legend

Jul 13, 2006
    Let me hijack this thread for a second. If I am on AT 200 with HD essentials, do I need to go to AT 250 to get VS. or just HD ultimate?

thanks,
    -elbo

15. eddieras

eddieras Godfather

Aug 30, 2007
    actually - i live in chicago (and was at game 4 in 92) but i'm a ranger fan!! - either way it should be a great series-- good luck!

16. LinkNuc

LinkNuc Legend

Jul 4, 2007
    Gotcha, well at least we can't chant 1940 anymore, lol...gonna be a great series i think.

17. MadScientist

MadScientist Godfather

Nov 30, 2004
    Rangers in five (5)

18. swissy

swissy AllStar

Oct 26, 2007
    250 with Hd essentials. I don't believe you can get the HD without the SD.

I usually add 250 for then next two months and then eat the $5 downgrade fee to go back to 200 after the playoffs.

19. rpv

rpv Cool Member

May 7, 2007
    It was a great game...almost game me a heart attack:D . It was funny how everyone had a white jersey on and the home team wore blacks!!!(to an outsider it looked more like it was the NYR who were at home)

PENS 1-0 :)

Thats exactly what I do every year. Hockey is awesome in HD and a lot of the playoff games are on Versus.

20. LinkNuc

LinkNuc Legend

Jul 4, 2007
    Yup game looked good but and it was a good one, if the Pens win tomorrow fah get abbout it....anyway if things hold true NBC's PQ will be better tomorrow or at least I have seen that Vs hocky is a slight bit grainy and I have a 120Hz Tv...really though it doesn;t make that much of a difference but I notced FSN and NBC Hockey is a sharper pic....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.