1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NHL/NBA Replay question

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by paulsonj72, Oct 21, 2010.

1. paulsonj72

paulsonj72 AllStar

Oct 21, 2010
    Extreme...
    Does Directv replay NBA/NHL games to out of market viewers on the RSN's after the original live broadcast. I know the other carrier does NHL game but did not do NBA games. I believe Directv did NBA game replays a few years ago but sadly I have not had the service in a while.

2. celticpride

celticpride Icon

Sep 6, 2006
    AS far as i know they do not televise replays of nba games to out of town markets. although i'm no longer with directv i remember having the sports pack and nba league pass,a couple years ago i forgot to set up a recording of a celtics -rockets game,so i thought i'd watch the replay of the game the next day on comcast sports new england but the game was blacked in southern california, I believe you have to live in the home teams viewing area to be able to watch the replayed games.

3. n3ntj

n3ntj Hall Of Fame

Dec 18, 2006
    Lancaster,...
    If you have Sports Pack and your team's channel does the replay and that team has the rights to show the game replay on SportsPack, then you may be able to get it out of market.

I know that the Rangers in 60 replays are available on MSG in HD and I have SportsPack and I believe that the replays at 3am may also be available but I am not up at 3am to see them. I think I have seen these showed in mid-morning after games a few times. Each team, league, network, and provider may vary.

4. lokar

lokar Icon

Oct 7, 2006
    A couple of days ago I clicked to a Islanders-Maple Leafs replay just to see if MSG+ HD was doing replays in HD or not. I was able to see the game via Sports Pack since I am way out of area for NYC. And of course MSG+ is too cheap to do replays in HD still.

5. wallybarthman

wallybarthman Godfather

Feb 4, 2009
    I have the Sports Pack and I in my experience the replays are blacked out - unlike the NHL replays which aren't blacked out. Even things like Knicks in 60 on MSG are blacked out since I'm out of market.

6. sunfire9us

sunfire9us Godfather

Feb 15, 2009
    If you're a sports pack subscriber like me, YES you will NOT be blacked out of the NHL replays. NBA replays ARE blacked out when they are not your home team games even if you have the NBA League Pass

7. JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2008
    also the on going dish / fsn mess is leading to more blackouts then there use to be.