1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NHL Network on Dish???

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by nimmer, Sep 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nimmer

nimmer Mentor

Sep 4, 2005
    I just read a post about the NHL Network inking a deal with D* but did not hear anything about an agreement with E*.

Does anyone know if the NHL Network is going to be bundled with the Center Ice package on E*?

2. juan ellitinez

juan ellitinez Icon/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 31, 2003
    gotta link?

3. Dan9

Dan9 Godfather

Feb 21, 2005
  4. BFG

BFG Hall Of Fame

Jan 23, 2004
    NHL Center Ice is not the same as the NHL Network.

And I know nothing of DirecTV adding that channel or any other US network for that matter

5. Tom in TX

Tom in TX Icon

Jan 22, 2004
    Go to www.hd.net. The schedule is there.
    Tom in TX

6. Tom in TX

Tom in TX Icon

Jan 22, 2004
    It's not the NHL Network, but a schedule of the games that hd.net will show this year.
    Tom in TX

7. hockeyinsd

hockeyinsd AllStar

Aug 29, 2004
    FWIW, comcast cable systems will be carrying the NHL network per the agreement they signed for the tv rights w/the NHL. Once this becomes available via comcast, I would hope that the satellite and other cable providers will offer it as well. That would stop my monthly emails to DISH to add this channel.

8. nimmer

nimmer Mentor

Sep 4, 2005
    Yep, that's where I saw it. I definitely did not notice the date.

I've done lots of searching for any info on the NHL Network and it being offered in the US. So far, Comcast has a lock on it because they folded it in to their OLN deal with the NHL. Since they own OLN, they might just use the NHL Network as a carrot for people to subscribe to their cable services and exclude offering it out to any other provider. Let's hope they don't go that route, though.

Guess we'll have to wait and see what happens over the next couple of weeks as the 2005-06 season takes shape.

9. Geronimo

Geronimo Native American Potentate DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    i would guess that the Comcast deal hurts us rather than helps us.

10. Dan9

Dan9 Godfather

Feb 21, 2005
  11. hockeyinsd

hockeyinsd AllStar

Aug 29, 2004
  12. Darkman

Darkman Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 16, 2002
    OLN Looks to Ice Sports-Tier Carriage

By R. Thomas Umstead 9/26/2005 5:44:00 PM

OLN will offer all operators its Oct. 5 New York Rangers-Philadelphia Flyers National Hockey League opening-night telecast, but it will turn the lights out for the remainder of the season to operators carrying the service on a sports tier.

Cablevision Systems Corp., EchoStar Communications Corp. and select Adelphia Communications Corp. systems will not be able to receive OLN’s weekly Monday- and Tuesday-night NHL telecasts unless they offer the service to at least 40% of their subscriber base, sources close to the network said. The three distributors currently carry the network on low-penetrated sports tiers.

A Cablevision spokesman would only say, “We intend to deliver these games to our customers.” Representatives from EchoStar and Adelphia could not be reached at press time....

( The rest of this article is at the folliwing Source (for which Free Subscription might be required to be able to read it) - http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6260786.html )

13. BFG

BFG Hall Of Fame

Jan 23, 2004
    But I also read that the Deal OLN made with NHL was to have OLN shown to a certain number of subs. So if OLN trys to blackout the NHL to operators that have OLN in higher tiers they're gonna be in trouble with the NHL.

Bottom line - OLN sucks :)

14. juan ellitinez

juan ellitinez Icon/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 31, 2003
    OLN is not in the e* sports tier!! Its in AT top 180

15. nimmer

nimmer Mentor

Sep 4, 2005
    There's not a chance in hell that OLN would be able to force carriers (cable, DBS, etc) to do something like that. That's ridiculous. E* does not offer OLN as a part of any sports package and neither does Adelphia. Someone's trying to stir up the pot with this nonsense.

16. nimmer

nimmer Mentor

Sep 4, 2005
    The REAL story is that OLN is providing their opening night game to everyone, even those that do not receive it as part of any programming package they may have.

This is the official announcement and not some stupid rumor:
    http://www.nhl.com/news/2005/09/235638.html

17. Darkman

Darkman Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 16, 2002
    Nielsen’s Sponsorship Scorecard Goes Wild

By Linda Moss
    9/19/2005 3:35:00 PM

The Minnesota Wild is the first National Hockey League team to sign up for Sponsorship Scorecard, the service from Nielsen Sports that tracks sponsored-placed media, officials said Monday.

Sponsorship Scorecard tells advertisers and teams how many TV viewers, by key demographic groups, see their sponsorship elements, thereby understanding their return on investment in this medium.

“The Sponsorship Scorecard service will help us to grow our corporate sponsorships and provide tangible results to retain their business,” Steve Griggs, the Wild’s vice president of customer sales and service, said in a prepared statement.

“Competition in the sports-sponsorship market is as competitive as ever, and being able to provide our partners with new creative and effective ways to market themselves is what we strive for,” he added.

( Source, for which Free Subscription might be required: http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6258333.html )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.