NHL Network Stupidity

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Chilcoot, Oct 17, 2009.

1. Chilcoot

Chilcoot Legend

Jun 22, 2008
    Calgary fan, living in Alaska. I see this evening's Flames-Canucks game is on here at midnight tonight. Obviously tape delay. What the heck, I start to watch.

NHL Network doesn't remove the final score from the crawl! Halfway through the first period, I learn the Flames win 5-3! Basically wrecking my fun.

NHL Network stupidity.

2. bsnelson

bsnelson I can has HR2x?

Jul 6, 2007
    If it's any consolation, NFL Network does the same thing.

Brad

3. Chilcoot

Chilcoot Legend

Jun 22, 2008
    Hmm, lemme see, is that consolation....NOPE!

Seriously, if the NHL Network is going to show these games on tape delay, they need to bust out some bananas and train the overnight monkeys to adjust the crawl.

4. jurples

jurples Mentor

Jan 11, 2008
    i hate that ticker.

not only did it give away the result, but it also obscures the ice and covered the graphic when they showed the teams' lines. :nono:

5. ryno2292

ryno2292 AllStar

Jul 12, 2008
    The NHL network crawl is ridiculously annoying to me compared to most other channels.

6. lokar

lokar Icon

Oct 7, 2006
    Me too, probably because it's 5 times as big.

7. Peter305

Peter305 Hall Of Fame

May 24, 2006
    Well since I'm one person at least who has been bashing NHL Network for their stupid HNIC decision let's at least give them credit for getting rid of their dreadful crawl, at least for tonight.....

8. MonyMony

MonyMony Legend

Dec 14, 2006
    Is it me, or is the new NHLN logo they have in the bottom of the screen just like the old Versus logo (when it was OLN). Can the NHL ever get away from thinking Versus is the network they should presenting their product on?

Attached Files:

9. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    Although some what similar, the NHLN logo appears to be a puck.

10. FF184

FF184 Cool Member

Oct 2, 2009
    Agreed, I think its suppose to be a puck as well. Although I couldn't tell until I looked at it closely on the computer.

11. celticpride

celticpride Icon

Sep 6, 2006
    I wish it was against the law to have that stupid crawl line,the weird thing with me is when i'm watching the news and read the crawl line i actually tune out the newscaster and dont hear what hes saying because i'm concetrating on what i'm reading!but ESPN and TNT have ruined tv watching for everybody i will always HATE them for this because now everybody does it!! stupid b******* dont those executives watch their own station? my guess is they probably watch the programs on a dvd without all that crap,which is why they dont care!!!!

12. Peter305

Peter305 Hall Of Fame

May 24, 2006
    But the crawl is gone, isn't it? At least they got one thing right.