1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nick HD terrible picture

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by tonyoci, Feb 22, 2009.

1. tonyoci

tonyoci Legend

Oct 14, 2006
    Not sure if this is the right forum, sorry if not.

On DTV NickHD channel I have been getting a poor picture for the last week or so. The picture breaks up every 30 seconds or so (pixelation I guess) and will often deteriorate to a kind of washed out white picture.

Obviously I have not watched EVERY other channel but I am not noticing this on any other channels.

Using an HR20 to view.

Thanks for any info.

2. PicaKing

PicaKing Godfather

Oct 8, 2006
    We watch a lot of Nick HD--I haven't noticed that at all---sounds like you may have a signal problem

3. doctrsnoop

doctrsnoop Godfather

Nov 20, 2007
    Watch it a lot here too, no problems at all

4. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    Post your signal strengths for all TPs on all Satellites.

5. tonyoci

tonyoci Legend

Oct 14, 2006
    Hi again, I've been doing some research and it seems that Nick HD is reported as being on sat 103(W) http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/directvusa103.html

Seems all the channels from that sat are having issues.

I check the sat setup and for 103 there is a C and S setting. Both are getting very low signals (40 or below) this was not previously the case.

I have the protection plan, is this something I can call DTV about ?

6. bobnielsen

bobnielsen Éminence grise

Jun 29, 2006
    Bainbridge...
    You may need a dish realignment or LNB replacement, both of which would be covered by the protection plan. Directv considers 70 as an acceptable signal, although 80 or greater is normally achieved. 40 is definitely a problem.

7. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Yes, your Protection Plan should cover an onsite visit to tweak your dish. Just call DirecTV.

8. mauijiminar

mauijiminar Godfather

Oct 11, 2007
    All fine here on my Nick

9. tonyoci

tonyoci Legend

Oct 14, 2006
    Well this is pretty unbelievable. I clearly have 40 or lower signal on one sat, all receivers show the same thing, yet I am now 1 hour into disconnecting wires, restarting receivers and being driven nuts.

10. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    Check 99c also. if those are also low, try adjusting the elevation (about 1/4 turn either way from where it is now). If that doesnt help, adjust the azimuth 1/4 turn either way. One of the two should cause the signal to go up (or down, in which case, turn it back where it was and reverse direction).

If 99c is good, you have a bad LNB more than likely, or a tree blocking 103 (not likely).

11. tonyoci

tonyoci Legend

Oct 14, 2006
    IT's not wise for me to do anything myself :)

99c is also bad.

12. ironwood

ironwood Icon

Sep 20, 2007
    Nothing to do with Nick channel of course. Problem with the installation. Menwhile watch Nick in standard definition there is no difference for cartoons anyway