1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nightmare on elm street (horror hd?)

Discussion in 'The OT' started by la24philly, Apr 28, 2010.

1. la24philly

la24philly Hall Of Fame

Mar 8, 2010
    with the new nightmare on elm street opening this week.

I wonder if any of the movie stations will have a horror fest this week of the previous nightmares and all horror films.

Is their a horror HD channel coming out?

2. LarryFlowers

LarryFlowers New Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Very easy to check.. use the search function and no, there isn't one planned for at least the next 2 weeks.

At one time, NBC/Universal planned to make Chiller an HD channel, but those plans seem to be on indefinite hold.

3. davemayo

davemayo Hall Of Fame

Nov 17, 2005
    The new Freddy is Kelly from Bad News Bears.

4. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    Good to see he gets work still. He was in Semi-Pro. :lol:
    [​IMG]

5. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    He also is a regular on "Human Target" which ended its first season on FOX... and he was in the Watchmen movie.

The bad thing about Chiller HD, IF it ever happens, is they censor and edit their movies + have commercials... so I honestly am not holding my breath for that channel. Of all the genres, horror really suffers when not shown uncut/unedited and without commercial interruption.

I've seen some semi-theme nights every once in a while... one channel recently ran the first 6 Friday the 13th movies back to back... I forget which channel it was though.

6. la24philly

la24philly Hall Of Fame

Mar 8, 2010
    not if chiller was to be part of a premium channel no editing their.

Alls I'm saying it be nice to have or see premium chanels start to categorize movie genres.

7. la24philly

la24philly Hall Of Fame

Mar 8, 2010
    Anyone going to go see the new film on friday i have to work but plan to see sunday let me know if anyone sees it.

8. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    My buddy is a film screener & he was highly disappointed. He said it was not an entertaining horror movie experience with writing and direction.

9. LarryFlowers

LarryFlowers New Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Pay attention here: Chiller SD is a channel we already have and it is NOT a Premium and it is owned by NBC\Universal.. i.e. it is commercially supported.

This means anything on the channel will be edited for broadcast.

10. LarryFlowers

LarryFlowers New Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Chiller is NOT a premium channel. It is part of NBC\Universal and is commercially supported.

This means of course that anything on Chiller is subject to editing and that NBC will most likely make it adhere to network censorship standards.

11. la24philly

la24philly Hall Of Fame

Mar 8, 2010
    oh ok,

i would like to see premium networks hbo starz etc.

come out with genre channels.

hbo drama, action, comedy, horror. then it be worth subcribing to

12. coldsteel

coldsteel Hall Of Fame

Mar 29, 2007
    They already do. HBO has Family and Comedy channels, Starz has Comedy, Kids & Family, Edge; Cinemax even has an Action channel.

13. roadrunner1782

roadrunner1782 Icon

Sep 27, 2008
    I hate to hear this. I plan on seeing the movie even though I don't think anyone but Robert Englund should be playing Freddy, but I bought the original on Blu-Ray and it came with a movie pass for the new one. So even if it's bad, with $7.50 off the ticket price it will be easier to swallow. On a side note if anyone here is wondering if they should buy the original on Blu-Ray, you won't be disappointed. The picture quality is really good, something I was alittle concerned about with another New Line Blu-Ray since I bought Friday and was disappointed with picture quality of it.

14. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I want the original... but am hoping/waiting for a box set on Blu.

I bought the original on DVD... then bought the DVD box set... and I'd rather not repeat the experience of buying the first movie twice on Blu ray if I can help it.

15. Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson 6EQUJ5 WOW! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 24, 2007
    He did an excellent job as Rorschach. :)

Mike

16. la24philly

la24philly Hall Of Fame

Mar 8, 2010
    cold steel, what i meant was

maybe have it broken by decades.

i mean their are over a gzallion movies throughout each decade.

maybe as an example youd have each genre broken down by decade and really make it a great premium service.

imagine having like 50 HBO's

17. johns70

johns70 Legend

May 2, 2010
    Well that sucks !!
    Chiller looks like crap in SD. I've watched that channel a few times. I don't even watch it anymore. I'd get into it if it was an HD channel.

18. curt8403

curt8403 Hall Of Fame

Dec 27, 2007
  19. la24philly

la24philly Hall Of Fame

Mar 8, 2010
    Well I saw elmo today at the philadelphia zoo with a machette in his hand today.