1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nigth and Day different

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by SHS, Jan 12, 2018.

1. SHS

SHS Legend

Jan 7, 2003
    Vinita, OK
    I can't believe there such a major different in the picture quality vs dish network.
    So far the new UI not available.

Due to a goof we didn't rev the new Genie 2 HS17 nor the new c61 Client but they be back this monday.

Can someone pleases check me on this just how tuner dose the HR54-700 have it listing 7 the info page but everywhere list it as have only 5 tuner so what deal here

tyrt.jpg

2. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2008
    If you only have 5 tuners listed is because they did not install a reverse band lnb when they come back they will as thry are needed to recod 4k

3. SHS

SHS Legend

Jan 7, 2003
    Vinita, OK
    It new service just install the other day and just want look at LNB and listed as Reverse Band 3D2RBLNB
    The spec that are listed that I have read are say that HR54-700 has support for 5 tuner support where Genie 2 HS17 has 7 tuner support so what I don't get is how come HR-54 show 7 tuner, then it should be able to record 7 HD channel at once in of stead 5 HD channel.

4. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2008
    Okay - I understand- with the RB lnb the HR54 will show 7 Channels - the first 5 tuners record do Not 4K channels - Tuner 6 & 7 are to record & display double bonded 4k channels -That's why it currently shows 7 tuners active .

jimmie57 likes this.
  5. SHS

SHS Legend

Jan 7, 2003
    Vinita, OK
    I see I hope that not going to be the some issues with HS17
    I try setup 7 recording and it seem to only allow 5 recording

6. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2008
    Well you will see more turners - reason because you can have 2 4k tv's on at the same time displaying or playing 4K -but you should be able to record 7 -the rest are reserved for (4) 4K

7. SHS

SHS Legend

Jan 7, 2003
    Vinita, OK
    Thanks that what I need to know

8. Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick Icon

Aug 25, 2006
    Long Island
    The fact that you see 7 tuners on the HR54, but can't record 7 programs simultaneously is not a problem, but an indication of the way that the HR54 handles 4K content. With the HR54, only 5 of the 7 tuners are active at any given time. 2 of the tuners are dedicated to 4K programming. When they are in use, 2 of the other 5 tuners are disabled. When no 4K content is being recorded (or viewed), the 5 "regular" tuners are active.

When you get the HS17, you are going to see the same situation. However, it will show you 11 tuners, when it can only use 7 tuners at a time.

9. SHS

SHS Legend

Jan 7, 2003
    Vinita, OK
    That why I ask as I can work with 4 to 5 open tuners with out the schedule headaches

Dose any know if DirecTV have an app like Dish Anywhere for iPad and iPhone app because there app once you sign in AT&T User Account which is something that we did have to do Hopper 3 other link it to see the record and do other this from iPad

10. compnurd

compnurd Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2007
    Evans City PA
    The directv app??

11. SHS

SHS Legend

Jan 7, 2003
    Vinita, OK
    Dose it pull the show from DVR ?.

12. compnurd

compnurd Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2007
    Evans City PA
    It can. Or on demand

13. SHS

SHS Legend

Jan 7, 2003
    Vinita, OK
    I prefer not the on demand I hope I can disable that on grand kid tables when they are over as that will eat up are data caps real fast so thanks as all we have here DSL which is to slow vs cable
    Ok thanks look like we need call AT&T as for some wall reason it not taking are user id nor the password which we assume is the same one from AT&T cell service

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  14. TBlazer07

TBlazer07 Large Member DBSTalk Club

Feb 5, 2009
    Florida
    You have to create separate logins for directv

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

15. SHS

SHS Legend

Jan 7, 2003
    Vinita, OK
    No so do we need to ?, The wonder why is asking for AT&T User ID.

16. TBlazer07

TBlazer07 Large Member DBSTalk Club

Feb 5, 2009
    Florida
    Your reply is confusing. However in my case I needed two separate and distinct logins. One for AT&T cellular service (which I had for years) and the other for DirecTV. When I tried using my AT&T login for DirecTV I got a popup saying I should have 2 separate accounts. From what I understand unless you started both cell & DirecTV at the exact same time at the same store they haven't started combining them. You could easily call DirecTV to find out as well but that is how it worked for me as an existing AT&T Mobile subscriber a year before getting DirecTV.

17. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    ummm.. what ?
    how and what you do to compare ? same channel ? side-by-side ?

18. SHS

SHS Legend

Jan 7, 2003
    Vinita, OK
    We had call to get it fix as turn out she forgot the password I told min time to besure put in Keepass

Just look at some of cartoon channel and other channel look better I could see a diff right way.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  19. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    not the same time side-by-side ? so it's goes by memory ... nay, not count :)

20. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Too tight on the "rules" makes it impossible to compare.

Rich likes this.