No alternate audio track on NBCSN

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by charlie460, May 1, 2015.

1. charlie460

charlie460 Godfather

Sep 12, 2009
    NBCSN has recently been offering alternate audio for their hockey broadcasts with only arena sound and no commentary, virtually all of the cable providers make this available but for some reason DirecTV doesn't seem to have the alternate audio track available, anyone know why or who I can contact to make them aware of this?

2. dvdmth

dvdmth Icon

Jul 24, 2008
    Denver, CO
    It would be really nice if DirecTV carried all of the audio tracks from all of the channels in their lineup, but they are very selective, presumably for bandwidth reasons. I doubt you will be able to convince anyone to add the audio track you're looking for.

3. slice1900

slice1900 Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Iowa
    Audio takes up very little bandwidth compared to video, so I doubt that's the reason. The only way bandwidth might be an issue is if they aren't allowed to carry additional audio tracks for HD without also carrying them for SD. Their SD bandwidth is very limited and the percentage overhead of an extra audio track is comparatively larger on SD.

4. ejbvt

ejbvt AllStar

Aug 14, 2011
    VT
    There are several channels that are supposed to have SAP but do not on Directv. I knew of people who didn't get Directv because there is no EWTN in Spanish.

5. JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2008
    didn't they use to have DD on the SD feeds and now they don't? or just some PPV SD?

6. ejbvt

ejbvt AllStar

Aug 14, 2011
    VT
    Dude, I was just thinking about this today. I know for a fact that several-to-many SD channels used to have DD audio, but no more.