no channels working, standard definition setup

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by metsfan, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Feb 9, 2020 #1 of 10
    metsfan

metsfan New Member

Sep 20, 2019
    none of my channels are working

ive known for months my dish is out of alignment. but normally about half of my channels work.

2 days a go we had a power outage and ever since then no channels. i can get into system setup in my box menus.

i get blank screen, with signal loss message flashing for a second real quick, then back to blank screen.

box is a D12

box doesnt seem to be able to download the data from satellite

but heres the thing, i rebooted my box 3 weeks ago. for 2 days i had no channels then i got half my channels back. i didnt do anything, just out of the blue the channels came back.

im just trying to get half my channels back at this point. is there anything i can do or try?

2. Feb 9, 2020 #2 of 10
    AngryManMLS

AngryManMLS Active Member

Jan 30, 2014
    MN
    Time to call DirecTV for them to realign your dish and perhaps get you newer equipment.

3. Feb 9, 2020 #3 of 10
    Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Not a good time for a Mets fan, what with the sale being nixed and now this. Make the call to D*, you are due for some upgrades.

Rich

compnurd likes this.
  4. Feb 9, 2020 #4 of 10
    Rob37

Rob37 Active Member

Jul 10, 2013
    Uh yeah it’s time for you to call DIRECTV & upgrade to High Def. Standard won’t be around much longer.

5. Feb 9, 2020 #5 of 10
    zimm7778

zimm7778 Hall Of Fame

Nov 11, 2007
    On Thursday we had a huge windstorm blow through the Tampa area and I lost all locals, and some other channels were ghosting, pixelating, and unwatchable. I called Friday afternoon when I got home from work and realized this, they were out the next day to realign the dish. Everything’s fine now. Just call and have someone come out.

6. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    That's the problem, nobody wants to call them for anything. But this should be a simple call, I'd be interested in how complicated it becomes.

Rich

7. b4pjoe

b4pjoe New Member

Nov 19, 2010
    I think that is the main goal for having really shitty support. Make it bad enough your customers won't want to call you.

jmr21 likes this.
  8. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Yeah, be happy you don't have Altice/Optimum for an ISP, you would not believe what calling them is like. Nobody speaks anything that could be construed as clear, concise English. I'd rather call D*! You do make a good point.

Rich

9. b4pjoe

b4pjoe New Member

Nov 19, 2010
    I think all ISP's have lousy support. Mine, Spectrum, is no different. :( You need a translator by your side most of the time.

10. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I can't believe I didn't bother to learn Spanish. That would make life a lot easier. If Altice is doing this deliberately they have done it quite well.

Rich