No D-Backs-Reds on EI today.

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Eksynyt, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Eksynyt

Eksynyt Icon

Feb 8, 2008
    Just a heads up for everybody that may be wondering. Neither FS Arizona nor FS Cincinnati has a feed for today's game so it won't be on EI. And good job not putting in the guide D* and making us think it was on LOL.

2. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    Isn't it on MLB Network?

3. Mariah2014

Mariah2014 Breaking the mold

Apr 21, 2006
    Phoenix Metro
    MLB is producing this game and putting it on MLB Network.

4. Eksynyt

Eksynyt Icon

Feb 8, 2008
    LOL yup, just saw that it is exclusive to MLB Network...I'm an idiot.

5. adkinsjm

adkinsjm Icon

Mar 25, 2003
    If a game isn't on EI, there will inevitably be a post on here.

6. metallo

metallo AllStar

Oct 13, 2009
    True, but as Seinfeld would say, "not that there's anything wrong with that."

It's 2011, and this is the big leagues. It's reasonable to expect that every game should be televised somehow (EI, MLBN, ESPN, etc.) to those willing to pay. It's nice to see that MLBN picked up the game. The Reds and, to a lesser extent, the DBacks, are notorious for not televising weekday afternoon games.

7. hallrk

hallrk Legend

Apr 15, 2010

I know the Reds rarely televise their 12:30 weekday games. Although they are televising a few more of them this year because FOX and ESPN has picked up quite a few of their games and that has opened up a few more dates for them to televise. IIRC,the Reds contract with FSN Cincy is to televise 145 games a season.

8. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    Actually, it is not reasonable because it is not true.

However, you can combine MLB.tv and cable/satellite and get all the games (well, not if you are a DirecTV subscriber in Philly or San Diego or a Dish subscriber in Philadelphia, New York, San Diego.....)

9. metallo

metallo AllStar

Oct 13, 2009
    I think you misunderstood what I typed. I never said that it is possible for everyone to get every game. Clearly, that is not possible for many people, particularly the ones you mentioned. I was just stating my OPINION (nothing that would be true or false) that in this day and age, it should be possible to watch any game you want if you are willing to pay for it. Unfortunately, we haven't reached that point yet.

10. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    And I am saying that it is not reasonable for something that does not exist at all to be expected. Why would it be? Just because it would be nice? Nice is not reasonable. Denying reality is not reasonable. Change it to "I wish" and then I agree with you. Reasonable sets up expectations.