1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No data packets.. Whole House DVR

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by n3ntj, Jun 25, 2013.

1. n3ntj

n3ntj Hall Of Fame

Dec 18, 2006
    Lancaster,...
    I have a SWim8 connected to two HR24 IRDs.. been connected since this past winter. Periodically, I'll try to watch a program from the other IRD and it won't play but instead I get an error that there were no data packets received and program can't be watched. I can watch it on the original (where the program was recorded) IRD, though. This doesn't happen all of the time, though. Any idea why this happens sometimes? How do I prevent this from happening?

2. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Are you using the "PWR to IRD" port of the PI to connect a receiver?

3. lugnutathome

lugnutathome Hall Of Fame

Apr 13, 2009
    Woodburn, OR
    It occurrs somewhat randomly in my realm as well and sometimes the next try it works sometimes I need to reboot the non cooperative DVR. Not certain there is a way to prevent this from happening as it seems at times a timeout issue, on others a missed connection.

If its a frequent issue there may be an issue with your router and how it plays with Whole Home in which case a static IP address might solve the issue. But in general sometimes it just happens.

Don "birds on the line, or misaligned seat cushions" Bolton