1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No fix for 0x290 software problem.

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Nutter, Nov 7, 2008.

1. Nutter

Nutter New Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Ever since the last update to 0x290 my HR21 has had a 50% sucess rate in recording series shows (Black/Grey recording or no recording). It has yet to record a full Desperate Housewives. Lastnight while trying to watch a recorded show it would jump to the end of the show when play was selected. I did a reset of the box and to my shock and horror ALL recorded shows we had on this unit where gone ! They all have the same message when checking History "This episode was canceled because of an unexpected error. (2003)" So I called DTV and to cut a long story short, there is a bug with the 0x290 software release, DTV are working on a fix, DTV are not replacing any hardware because of this "bug" it will be fixed with a software update when they have the solution. Mean time I have a HR21 that cannot be trusted and is just a paperweight. I was goign to go on and say how I feel towards DTV right now but this is not the place for that.

Any suggestions ?

John :mad:

2. Mavrick

Mavrick Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2006
  3. Nutter

Nutter New Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Lets hope so or I wont be a DTV customer for much longer :(

John

4. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    Hate to tell you this, but for some subscribers this issue has been going on for a long time (See link below). For the most part, the problem is usually cables, bbc's or power related and not something actually software related. I've had no issues with recording series shows with this update.

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=127196&highlight=black+grey+recording.