1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No HD on CBS for Buick Invite

Discussion in 'Sports Programming and Events' started by loowaters, Feb 7, 2009.

1. loowaters

loowaters AllStar

Jun 4, 2007
    What's up? I called my local CBS to say "HEY!!! Let's switch it over already", only to be told that SD is what they're getting from CBS and that's all they'd get. I just finished watching early coverage on Golf Channel and it was HD. My guide says it's in HD. What is CBS thinking? One of the best looking venues on tour and they give it to us (in more ways than one) in SD. Thanks. :nono2:

I hope they correct this terrible decision by the final round tomorrow.

2. dogs31

dogs31 Godfather

Feb 27, 2006
    My local is showing it in HD. Maybe your local is lazy and just likes showing stuff in SD.

3. loowaters

loowaters AllStar

Jun 4, 2007
    They said they called network and were told this is what they'll be getting.

4. dogs31

dogs31 Godfather

Feb 27, 2006
    Your local is lying to you.

5. Steve615

Steve615 Hall Of Fame

Feb 5, 2006
    Middle TN area
    Nashville's CBS affiliate WTVF is broadcasting it in HD.

6. Pepster

Pepster Legend

Oct 29, 2008
    The verdict from N.Y.C. both OTA & DirecTV: Rain sure has a lot of detail on the lens of an HD camera.

7. loowaters

loowaters AllStar

Jun 4, 2007
    They finally got it going in HD but way late. I had tuned out for over an hour and came back then didn't turn it off.

8. n3ntj

n3ntj Hall Of Fame

Dec 18, 2006
    Lancaster,...
    WHP (Harrisburg) and KYW (Philly) had both weekend rounds on in HD. Your local station was BS-ing you.