1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no HD on NESN again

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by billoh, Jun 15, 2010.

1. billoh

billoh Cool Member

Jul 25, 2007
    This is at least the 3rd or 4th time I'm aware of that a game is not being transmitted by DISH in HD. It's beginning to remind me of the Seinfeld episode about reservations at the rental car agency.

You see, having an HD channel is nice, but BROADCASTING in HD is what actually counts. Anybody can "have" an HD channel (arms flailing wildly about), but providing HD content is what really counts.

Rant over.

2. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    Not to pour fuel on the fire, but the game is HD but it's Dish to turning on the feed. Depending on your needs, you may want to look to other providers if NESN-HD is very important.

3. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Charlie addressed this on the Chat last night ... 24x7 RSNs "next year".
    Which is worse than soon. :(

4. billoh

billoh Cool Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Ah, but they have an HD channel now, for when there is live game content available in HD (as there is now). While there were the times with baseball, early playoff action in both hockey and basketball, and of course the Fishing channel all active at once, I'm not sure what's grabbing all the capacity now.

This will make it easier to switch to the Celtics pretty soon, however.

5. azjimbo

azjimbo Mentor

Jun 4, 2010
    Phoenix, AZ
    Charlie also said that while many of the "studio" type programs would not be in HD until "next year's" additional satellite launches, the games would be... Tonight's inter-league game between the Diamondbacks and Tigers was not broadcast in HD on FSNAZ

6. Jul 8, 2010 #6 of 11
    crisnee

crisnee New Member

Oct 30, 2009
    What's even worse, a game is listed in the program guide. I record it, or so I think, and come back later and all I get is the NESN music, or a blank. That's happened at least three times in the last couple of weeks.

7. Jul 8, 2010 #7 of 11
    TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    Start the recording a couple of minutes late.

8. Jul 9, 2010 #8 of 11
    billoh

billoh Cool Member

Jul 25, 2007
    The problem isn't an early start to the recording. The game is not being carried in HD by DISH. That happened on Wednesday (7/7) and that looks like it will happen again on Sat (July 10). Very annoying, but it does at least seem that the schedule can help predict which games are only carried in SD.

But every game in HD is clearly not true.

9. Jul 9, 2010 #9 of 11
    TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    crisnee, are you saying that it's listed in the guide as HD but not getting recorded?

10. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    My response was regarding crisnee's post.

11. DodgerKing

DodgerKing Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2008
    It is true for every other provider