1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dale Martin

Dale Martin New Member

Monday
    I have Dish network setup at my primary residence and I get HD oh my Comcast sports network. On my secondary residence I have a dish set up with a vip722 and it's not showing any of the channels that I get in HD at my other house at this house. I did my point dish check and I am at 119 and 110 on my satellites. Any help would be appreciated.

2. NYDutch

NYDutch DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Dec 28, 2013
    Most of the HD channels are on the 129 sat on the western arc.

3. Dale Martin

Dale Martin New Member

Monday
    I went to installation and clicked on 129 it says wrong satellite. I guess for my ZIP code they want me to be on 110 and 119.

4. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    Check
    Where is
    A) -Primary residence (and what locals). Also need what satellites you see
    B) - secondary residence (and locals). Also need what satellites you see

If you have different dish / LNB configiurations at the 2 locations, you need to do a check switch when you move a satelite reciever from one site to the other (that will probably get rid of the Wrong satellite error message)

You have 2 Arcs -
    61.5, 72.7, and 77 (these are Eastern Arc) Unless you're in some specific markets, you can mostly just get by with 61.5 and 72.7. 77 is mostly SD duplicates

110, 119, 129 - these are Western arc. 110 and 119 are mostly SD channels including locals. 129 adds the HD channels and HD locals. There is very little HD on just 119/110.

The satellite receiver doesn't care what satellite slots you're on for a specific location. You just need to run the check switch test so the receiver knows what switch / satellite slots it sees for a given site.

To run the Check switch test on a VIP 722 - Menu, 6, 1, 1.

5. Dale Martin

Dale Martin New Member

Monday
    Primary residence is 95630. Secondary is 95610. I did a check switch at the second home and 110 and 119 are confirmed. Local channels should be there in same.

Attached Files:

6. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    As stated above, most of DISH's HD is on 129. If you do not have 129 on your dish you will not get all of the HD channels. It appears that you are using a DPP Twin. You need a dish and LNB capable of picking up all three orbital locations.

(You should also have a separate DISH account for each residence.)

NYDutch likes this.
  7. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    Change your dish LNBF or whole dish what will point to three sats:110/119 and 129 for HD

NYDutch likes this.
  8. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC

Confirm - you need a 1000.2 Western arc dish / LNB for the secondary location to get HD. You'll get programming on the DPP Twin, just very little HD.

NYDutch likes this.