1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"No Info Available" Glitch!!

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by khearrean, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Aug 8, 2013 #1 of 10
    khearrean

khearrean Godfather

Mar 24, 2004
    S.E. Texas
    Well, it's started again! Several years ago when I had my 811 receiver, I started being plagued by the "No Info Available" glitch (my words) showing in my EPG. I'd be able to see the programming available in the EPG for maybe the next 1/2 to hour ahead & then, nothing but "No Info Available." Well I got rid of the 811, switched to the 211k & life has been good for a few years. Well, now it's back & has been for the past several weeks. The only way to correct it is (same as before) to update the guide, which as everyone knows can take an eternity. Is anyone else having this problem? The EPG should be updating itself automatically, but on many days, it's not & I have to force the update. I cannot believe I have to go through this again! Any suggestions?

Ken

2. Aug 9, 2013 #2 of 10
    klang

klang Hall Of Fame

Oct 14, 2003
    Near...
    Have you tried a power cord reboot?

3. Aug 9, 2013 #3 of 10
    RBA

RBA Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    What satellite arc are you using? Do you have a hard drive connected? How are your signal strengths? I am sure the 811 was a lack of internal memory.

4. Aug 9, 2013 #4 of 10
    tsmacro

tsmacro Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2005
    East...
    Is your receiver taking it's nightly update? Usually occurs about 3am eastern time for most people. It used to be if you didn't turn your receiver off at night it could screw up your nightly update, not sure that's true anymore but it couldn't hurt to make sure it's turned off at night.

1 person likes this.
  5. Aug 9, 2013 #5 of 10
    khearrean

khearrean Godfather

Mar 24, 2004
    S.E. Texas
    Yes, I turn it off every night just as I did before back when I had the 811. No one could ever figure out what the problem was back then either. BTW, I do not have a hard-drive & I have done both cold & hard re-boots.

Ken

6. Aug 9, 2013 #6 of 10
    RBA

RBA Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    Good now how are your signal strengths and what arc are you receiving?

7. khearrean

khearrean Godfather

Mar 24, 2004
    S.E. Texas
    Western arc & signal strengths are good. I called & had a local Dish service tech out & he didn't even check anything outside with my Dish. He came inside & just checked signal strengths, check switch, etc. He said this type problem would be with the receiver & he said he would call Dish on Monday & request a replacement. I said ok, but I just don't believe it. I'll let him do his thing though. I also told him we have been losing signal when just the slightest cloudiness was near. Didn't even take a rain shower & we'll lose signal. That's why I assumed all this was likely related to dish alignment, connections or something like that. But he insisted & said he would check out the line of sight stuff after the receiver came in. Since they haven't made a 211k in years, I can just imagine how old the replacement will be; likely even older than mine. I also hope the replacement still has the internal OTA capability. I hope they didn't make a 211k after mine that didn't have the built-in module like all the receivers seem to have now. Guess we'll just see what happens.

Ken

8. RBA

RBA Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    All 211 & 211K have OTA tuners built in 211Z does use the Hopper module for OTA

9. khearrean

khearrean Godfather

Mar 24, 2004
    S.E. Texas
    What is the 211z? I don't see it listed on Dish's web-site.
    But I just went to their web-site & do see the 211k & it says it does require an optional module for OTA. This is what I was talking about; I'm afraid when they send me the replacement, it won't be the older style that had it built in & I don't want an external OTA module. Actually I cannot imagine why they would do away with that design; it's much more convenient. Unless of course, it's for their benefit since there is an add'l charge for the module.

Is there a DIRT member monitoring this thread who can verify this; by that I mean when the tech requests a replacement 211k, is there any way to guarantee I can get one with the built-in module like I have now?

Ken

10. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    Replacement receivers are almost always the same model that you currently have.

Both the 211 and 211k have built-in OTA tuners and the new 211z has no built-in tuner but uses the Hopper OTA module.

Highly doubtful that you will get the 211z, almost a guarantee.