1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No internet connection

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by bearcat250, Jun 13, 2014.

1. bearcat250

bearcat250 Legend

Feb 19, 2004
    I have an HR21-100 & HR21-200. Cannot load apps on either. Pressed the dash button on remotes for both HR's and it says internet not detected. Ran the network setup on both HR's successfully. Run a system test on both HR's and "All systems OK". Run Advanced setup and everything comes up OK and connecter with result code 88-576. Run Network Services and I get "Unable to start network services <202>. I go to the IP address of my Verslink wireless gateway router and can see both HR's connected to the router with their IP address's. Why don't these HR's have internet? HR21-200 hardwired to the router and the HR21-100 is connected wireless via Linksys dual band wireless-N gaming adaptor.

2. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    code 88 is a successful connection to DirecTV through the internet.
    <202> for network services is a code that in my own experiences means TVapps will work, as they're about the only thing remotely connected to using network services.
    The apps even with the <202> can take a while before the load.
    It sounds like you've got everything setup correctly and perhaps a reboot of each and giving them time [hours to half a day] will show it's all working.
    The 21s aren't the fastest receivers and "boy do they take time" to process things.