1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No odd number transponder readings on only one receiver

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by notnim75, Jun 28, 2013.

1. notnim75

notnim75 New Member

Jun 28, 2013
    Waterloo, Il
    I am using three receivers, two of which are DVR's, one of the DVR's is only receiving even numbered transponder readings (90 or above). I am getting 0 readings on all odd numbered transponders. I am getting the 771 code and have checked all my connections inside and out, I have reset the DVR, powered it completely down, and back up and reset again with no results. Still missing channels and the searching for signal message, I am using a 3 x 8 multi switch and dual LNB with a round dish. All of this started after a series of thunderstorms this past weekend. But the other two receivers work perfectly. Could this still be an alignment issue?

2. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    You can start by checking your connections, specially those outside by the ground block and/or switch. You can also try swapping the receiver with a known working one

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk mobile app

3. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    There is a possibility that the multiswitch is beginning to fail. My guess is that you've had it a long time.

4. carl6

carl6 Moderator Staff Member DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Try swapping the coax at the multiswitch, moving the problem receiver to another port, and see if that makes a difference. Double check all connections and connectors. Also try swapping the two coax from the dish at the multiswitch.