1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no odd on 110, help!

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by aaronbud, Jan 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aaronbud

aaronbud Legend

Nov 3, 2006
    Ok, so after months of debate, I finally went for the 622 HD upgrade. Tech came out 3 weeks ago and installed new dish 1000 and dpp44 switch for my new 622 and 2 existing 508's (I am using the 622 for one TV only.) Last week, I noticed my 622 would get almost NONE of the HD channels in and check switch test showed no 110 signal although there was plent of signal on the test signal screen. CSR determined it must be my 622 and is sending me a new one. However, now 3 days later, my wife noticed our 508 in one room was also missing channels, so upon further review, I am noticing ALL of my recievers are showing no signal on the "odd" transponders on 110, but strong signal (90+) on the "even" transponders. So is this most likey a bad LNB or a faulty switch?

Thanks in advance for any info,

Aaron Lewis
    Dish since '97
    Dish 1000
    DPP44
    vip 622 and (2) 508's

2. R_Childress

R_Childress AllStar

Jan 4, 2006
    Try powering down and then powering back up the switch as this will sometimes reset the switch.

3. aaronbud

aaronbud Legend

Nov 3, 2006
    I actually disconnected the power source to the switch and found it had zero effect on the signal strength or anything else. I suppose it must serve some purpose, so I reconnected it. Is there anything else ie, moving the cables to different connectors on the switch, etc. that I can try? I've done numerous reboots, disconnected the dish feed to the recievers and ran check switch to reset that, reconnected feed and ran test again, etc. This cleared the problem temporarily, but it came back to same situation.

thanks again for any info,

Aaron.

4. tnsprin

tnsprin Hall Of Fame

Mar 15, 2003
    It is absolutely recommended that you keep the power inserter on a DPP44. It really cannot get enough power from a single DP receeiver and will be flakey if you don't use it. It must be on switch position 1.

Problems just even could be inferior cable. Or else a bad LNB.

5. Mark06111

Mark06111 Cool Member

Jan 30, 2006
    For what it might be worth, I have 119 on port 1, 110 on port 2, 121 on port 3 and 61.5 on port 4. 622 is dual tuner using dish pro sep on receiver out port 1 (on dpp44). 625 is a dual tuner using dish pro sep on rcvr port 2 (on dpp44). DPP44 is powered. All works well, no issues.

Logic - multi LNB's, multi RCVR's, multi cables, one switch... All RCVR's missing same polarity. My first call is the SW. Do you have any other SW's around? Something to try is to plug 622 direct into LNB. I would plug 622 into the bird that has HD, then try others...

6. wshaff

wshaff Cool Member

Apr 27, 2005
    I had the same problem and it was a bad LNB

7. aaronbud

aaronbud Legend

Nov 3, 2006
    Finally had a tech come out. Took him 2 days to fix it (mainly because he didnt show up until 6:30 on a 1-5 window!). He switched lnb's, did memory dumps, checked the cabling,even replaced some of the "barrels" in my wall sockets. Left for the night, came back the next day with another switch. Turns out the guy who installed the switch "didnt have the connections right". I just wonder how then did it work for 3 weeks?

8. colavsfaninnwia

colavsfaninnwia Godfather

Jan 25, 2006
    I had the same problem for even transponders on the 110. A software update did the trick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.