1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Phone Line Connected Nag Message

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by Stephen J, Apr 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stephen J

Stephen J Legend

Mar 26, 2006
    Hi, I just upgraded from the 625 to the 622. I know that I have to pay a$5 fee since I don't have the receiver connected to a land line( I don't have a land line). The 625 never gave me a message every morning nagging me of this, however; the new 622 does. Anyone know how I can make the 622 stop doing this? Thanks.

2. cclement

cclement Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 22, 2004
    You can call Dish and they can send a signal to the 622 via the satellite and the nag message will go away. That's what she did with my receiver.

3. Hunter Green

Hunter Green Legend

May 8, 2006
    I never got the nag, I just started getting $5 on my bill. I'd rather be nagged.

4. BNUMM

BNUMM Hall Of Fame

Dec 23, 2006
    You will be billed $5.00 either way. The nag message is because the installer (or customer for self install) did not tell Dish that it was not connected to a phone line. If it is connected to a phone line the receiver detects it and the message does not come on the screen.

5. Hunter Green

Hunter Green Legend

May 8, 2006
    In my case, I did have a phone line when it was installed (though the installer plugged it into the Ethernet port instead of the phone jack, a problem I remedied once he left), and got rid of it many months later.

6. smackman

smackman Godfather

Sep 18, 2006
    I have a Brother who was able to get the 5 dollar a month fee waived! This negotiation was done months ago. He has a landline but not in this particular room. The installer tried installing a wireless adapter and failed at doing it. The installer called and had Dish wave the fee. My Brother had the installer write on the initial contract that landline fee is waived! This was over a year ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.