No Rays-Rangers feed tonight?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Eksynyt, Jun 8, 2008.

1. Eksynyt

Eksynyt Icon

Feb 8, 2008
    I was looking through the guide and there is no entry for the Rays-Rangers game that is on FSN SW HD today at 5ET/2PT. This is not in ESPN's window so it is an error on DirecTV's part. I am going to be furious if there is another Sunday game blacked out for the Rangers. Last week they didn't show the Athletics-Rangers feed even though the OTA feed was available to use on channel 667.

2. Bob Coxner

Bob Coxner Icon

Dec 28, 2005
    It's on my guide on 643 HD.

3. rkunces

rkunces Legend

Jun 17, 2007
    I noticed it's also not on the EI channels. What's even more annoying is the fact that the game is available on MLB.TV without blackouts.

4. DCSholtis

DCSholtis Up The Irons!

Aug 7, 2002
    Actually it IS within the ESPN window. No games can be included on EI past 5pm, so that's why it won't be on EI today. It will only be available in the Rays and Rangers areas.

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPage.jsp?assetId=1100045

5. Eksynyt

Eksynyt Icon

Feb 8, 2008
    Seriously, the MLB should not allow the Rangers to have games this late on a Sunday, it's ridiculous. Besides, the ESPN game doesn't start until 8ET, it's stupid. I have missed more Rangers games this year than any other team, and they are the team I AM PAYING TO WATCH!!!!!

6. DCSholtis

DCSholtis Up The Irons!

Aug 7, 2002
    Actually you'll begin to see more Sunday Rangers games at night either at 5pm East or at 8pm east. Happens every year in fact. MLB gives them blanket permission due to the extreme heat in Texas during the day.