No relief from the Genie 0x1104 release

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by utbronco, Aug 15, 2018.

1. utbronco

utbronco Mentor

Dec 26, 2007
    After waiting months for a fix to missing programs the latest release 0x1104 proves to be a failure!!! In order to find programs that should be in the playlist but aren't I have to restart receiver. When is Directv going to get their act together? Such poor service, is Dish this bad??

2. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2008
    I don't think you have software problem - You may have a Hardware issue - Is all your rg6 outside connections clean? Are you using a swm16 - or 8?
    If so that will cause a problem across your Swm (rg6) network as well.

I'm using a RB LNB on single wire feeding 17 tuners and I have no Software issue like your having.

When was your system last service top to bottom?

3. raott

raott Hall Of Fame

Nov 23, 2005
    The missing programs issue is a software issue. It has been reported over and over on this message board and many others.

4. Clemsole

Clemsole Godfather

Sep 8, 2005
    Washington...
    Yes it is a dump software problem. I have found to restore the list press the sort key (-) and they will show back up in the list. Another dumb programing error.

5. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2008
    Well -then it's just a software Issue for you =I'm running 1104 with no issue's?!?

6. raott

raott Hall Of Fame

Nov 23, 2005
    No, it's not "just a software issue for me"....there are countless posts about it here, at the Edgecutter site, at Satguys, and at the AT&T message board.

7. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    I too am running 0x1104 on my HR54-200 and am not experiencing any issues.

8. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    It’s widespread, but it’s also very random. I saw it couple times, but then not again all on the same firmware. It’s a weird one, and they need to get it fixed and then worry about fixing their disaster of a GUI...

9. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Wouldn't you think something called FIRMware would be...well, firm? I've seen the same thing most folks have. How does the randomness work? I know we all don't get the same issues, never understood that either, just accepted it.

Rich

10. BreadDawg

BreadDawg Member

Sep 12, 2016
    Deep South
    Yep I've got version 1104 and yep I am still having issues not finding recordings. The most basic thing a DVR should do is record and them store said recordings. The genie has trouble with these tasks.