No show again

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by WebTraveler, Aug 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WebTraveler

WebTraveler Icon

Apr 9, 2006
    OK, in my tenure with Dish Network they are 0 for 3 now in actually making the service call. The installer never showed on the day of installation. Then a service call to fix the botched installation the guy didn't show. Finally, today a service call because I have a switch error problem showing as I can't get receptiopn on one receiver. A few weeks ago I scheduled this appt when the 800 number technical support couldn't address it.

Contacting Dish Tech Support, all they do is give the run around. They tell me this is "unusual." Bull$hit. This is typical. They also tell me the guy will be here "within an hour." Within an hour of what? How do you know this I ask? The phone customer service is simply giving me the run around. This is ridiculous. Complete trash. Lies all around. This is just simply incredible, really.

3 out of 3 no shows? I mean, for goodness sake. Is this the way to run a business?

Well I have finally had it. Is this how Charlie Ergen treats his customers? I mean, for crying out loud. Lies, lies, and more lies. Charlie Ergen ought to be ashamed of himself for the way he treats me.

I've called/emailed CEO@Dishnetwork.com. But what will this do? I still will have to sit around the house AGAIN to get this issue resolved. Just freaking incredible. I can't continue to do this - and I will not.

2. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    Hello Directv!

3. EaglePC

EaglePC Icon

Apr 14, 2007
    Hello DirecHD

4. HDTVFanAtic

HDTVFanAtic Banned User

Jul 23, 2005
    As long as the MSO's use sub-contractors, this will be the case. There are countless horror stories just like yours for virtually every provider out there.

5. WebTraveler

WebTraveler Icon

Apr 9, 2006
    The guy finally showed up and the unit is up and running again - right before I had to leave for my prior plans. I told him he had 40 minutes or to do it - and he hopped right on the roof, replaced a part on the dish and then re-set everything up again. I will say this guy knew how the Dish works and did it quickly.

But in my tenure with Dish I have had to have them come out three times and each of the three times they have blown me off initially. I just do not understand why Charlie Ergen tolerates this crap. I have half a mind to find Ergen's home phone number out there and call him up and harass him at home about this. Ergen really needs to pull his head out of his rear end and start dealing with this.

Until this incident I was basically a happy customer that had no plan whatsoever to look around at my options. But after this, I am so irritated that I am. For exampe, if Comcast throws another one of their $19.99 deals for 12 months at me again I may very well just switch - and then play the switching game.

To me, this is all Ergen's doing. I was happy and if this man would simply add some quality control to his operation I would still be happy. I blame Ergen, plain and simple and will hold him accountable. If he had a schred of decency then this wouldn't be an issue. What a jerk Charlie Ergen is.

6. yardbird

yardbird Mentor

May 7, 2007
    Kinda harsh. :)
    Charlie doesn't hire the subs. I've dealt with TONS of subs doing construction of various kinds. You have good subs, you have subs that suck out loud, and you have some really great subs. And SOMETIMES.... you have a really good sub that's having a bad day.

3 no-shows in a row? I'd be on the phone with Dish asking for Customer Retention, but only if you're prepared to actually cancel, pay what you owe (if it's an early cancellation) and move on to other things making other arrangements for TV viewing. Never make a threat that you aren't fully prepared to follow through on.

This is TV, folks..... not life support. Take care of business and if it hurts when you do this.... don't do this.

Kinda simple, ain't it?

7. stringray13

stringray13 Cool Member

Jul 12, 2007
    I wish all you folks having these issues lived around the Cartersville, GA area or at least Atlanta area, because it would really drum up my business to pick up the slack of these other contractors :nono2:

It is very difficult to get good help as cliche as that may sound.

Find yourself a local rep that knows their stuff and stick with them and they will take care of you.

Good luck!

8. WebTraveler

WebTraveler Icon

Apr 9, 2006
    Let me clear something up. The 3 no shows were over the course of 2 years at various intervals. It is not a single event. They eventually show or I ***** really hard and they do show.

Yardbird - Charlie may not hire the subs, but it is his company, he is in charge, and his attitude sets the tone. If Charlie Ergen gave a rats a$$ about his customers he would simply put a stop to this treatment and deal with it. He'd establish standards and enforce those standards. But instead, he lets this same issue linger over and over again. The buck stops with Charlie and he needs to get off his butt and deal with this. To me, his people are a reflection of him. If he tolerates this crap then this shows the kind of person he is - and he must be one unethical ******* if its gone on this long.

9. BNUMM

BNUMM Hall Of Fame

Dec 23, 2006
    When Charlie starts paying more than $29.00 for a service call they might start showing up and you might get better techs.

10. richiephx

richiephx Godfather

Jan 18, 2006
    I hope you sent an email to.....ceo@echostar.com......an told them your experience. Mouthing off here doesn't get any problem corrected.

11. WebTraveler

WebTraveler Icon

Apr 9, 2006
    That's not my problem. That's Ergen's deal. If that's not what the market needs then Ergen needs to address that.

12. WebTraveler

WebTraveler Icon

Apr 9, 2006
    Been done

13. BNUMM

BNUMM Hall Of Fame

Dec 23, 2006
    If the people aren't showing up then it is your problem. Where I live people call me instead of D* or E* because they know I will show up at the appointed time and that I will fix the problem. Also, I am usually available the same day or the next, not 2 days or a week away. I charge a reasonable rate (more than $29.00) but people think that it worth it not to have to wait around for someone to show up. Most of thee people believe that their time is too valuable to waste it waiting for someone.

14. WebTraveler

WebTraveler Icon

Apr 9, 2006
    No, its not my problem and I resent the attitude. My expectation is that I call Dish and they send someone out. After all, I am paying the service call charge - and by the way I am still paying this $5.99 a month DHA fee (maybe I need to re-think that). If I have a technical problem I expect that it be fixed. That's a reasonable expectation. Now, going forward, I am losing interest in Dish. But I will say I don't need your sorry attitude.

15. HDTVFanAtic

HDTVFanAtic Banned User

Jul 23, 2005

Directv just botched up a massive 4 HR20, 2H20 install today - even though the work order is correct and has been in place for 3 1/2 weeks, was confirmed twice last week and the installer confirmed he was bringing 2 people out to handle today.

When he arrived, Directv has f'ked up the Work Order and it wasn't even closet to correct - they didn't even have a 5 lnb dish on it and it went downhill from there - including a bunch of D-10s, lol.

It happens everywhere, but Directv's arrogance is just the worst - consider yourself lucky - with all the Dish install nightmares, nothing comes close to Directv install nightmares.

And now they are saying they cannot do it all at the same time - once they reschedule....so it will be at least 2 more install days - and that's if everything goes right.

16. BNUMM

BNUMM Hall Of Fame

Dec 23, 2006
    What attitude? I was just stating facts. I am not excited about either E* or D*. The only good thing I can say about Comcast is that they are keeping me busy because people are switching to E*. If these companies don't get their act together people may be going back to using an antenna.

17. WebTraveler

WebTraveler Icon

Apr 9, 2006
    You are telling me that it is my fault that you don't make more than $29 doing a dish service call. First, I am not privy to any billing arrangment between you and Dish. Second, I pay a service fee per month to Dish and from which I expect service. Third, I expect someone to show up when they say they will. Those are not unreasonable expectations. If you don't like the arrangment, great for you....but that's not my issue.

18. damjr

damjr AllStar

Mar 10, 2004
    Bingo !!!! With a local rep you won't have to worry about all the bureaucracy that comes with dealing with the DNSC or MSP's of E* & D*. A local rep's life depends on his service and will make sure you're taken care of. Now don't get me wrong here, there still can be some bad local reps but you will find 9 out of 10 willing to treat you right.

19. BNUMM

BNUMM Hall Of Fame

Dec 23, 2006
    That is exactly what I have been telling people. Find someone local that has a good reputation (D* or E*). Also, people who pay $5.99 service fee will continue to receive poor service because the tech. only gets $29.00 and he gets none of the $5.99 per month. I do work for a local retailer and if someone pays the $5.99 per month wants a $29.00 service call I tell them to call Dish.

20. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    BINGO! Griping on this & other boards doesn't get the job done. Just call and be polite.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.