1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No sound on CBS this evening?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by justapixel, Oct 16, 2008.

1. justapixel

justapixel New Member

Feb 3, 2008
    I'm in Sacramento. Just wondering if anybody else had no sound when recording CBS HD tonight.

Survivor and CSI were silent. My D*TiVo had sound.

Sorry if this is the wrong forum to ask this - feel free to move the thread.

2. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    Channel 13 [CSI] has sound here on my HR20.

3. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    justapixel?

Welcome.

Survivor played just fine via Dallas locals.

4. justapixel

justapixel New Member

Feb 3, 2008
    So, it happened again tonight. This time though, I saw part of the show live and I heard sound. When I went to watch it recorded - no sound. This is only happening on CBS. It's the ex-list, a show I love, so I would really like to see it.

Any suggestions? I have an HR-21.

5. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    I don't have a suggestion, so maybe someone else will chime in. However, I just checked and the audio's fine on my recording of ex-list.

6. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Are you listening through the TV (2-channel) or via and audio system?

7. justapixel

justapixel New Member

Feb 3, 2008

Through the TV.

I hope I figure this out before The Unit tomorrow. :(

8. bonscott87

bonscott87 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

Jan 21, 2003
    Have you restarted it, just in case? You never know, that may clear it. Strange only on one channel though.

9. justapixel

justapixel New Member

Feb 3, 2008
    Yeah, restarted it. The next thing we are recording on that station is tonight. I guess I'll see then.

I've mirrored everything on my D*Tivo just in case.

10. tlrowley

tlrowley AllStar

Jun 20, 2007
    My KOVR recordings from Friday night are fine. Sorry, Ann, as much trouble as KOVR has had in the past, this time it seems like the problem is on your end.

Wanna come down and watch Ex-list - hubby won't watch with me :( :D

11. armophob

armophob Difficulty Concen........

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Pierce, FL
    CSI feed lost center channel here on the 16th. I think it was the national feed. They switched to pillar box SD about 15min in and then fixed the HD and fired it back up around 30min in. All you could hear was the music and sound effects.

12. Bob Hess

Bob Hess AllStar

Jan 1, 2007
    We had no problems that night.

Robert Hess
    Director, Broadcast Operations/Engineering
    CBS13 KOVR / CW31 KMAX

13. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    I just went to watch my recording of this episode last night and I had the same issue.

Of course we're in the same area so it doesn't surprise me that I'm not alone. :)

14. djburger

djburger Cool Member

Jan 12, 2007
    We seem to have a problem every week with CSI on CBS. Sound synch issues, no sound, etc. last week was major pixelation and sound drop outs for 40 min. we're in Charlotte, NC and only notice problems on CBS HD

15. Utopian

Utopian New Member

Nov 4, 2008
    I also watch the Charlotte station and have sound issues from week to week, anyone have any idea what is up with the station? The Oct. 30th CSI episode had background sound, no dialog audio however, for about 10 minutes into the episode. After 10 minutes, the sound came back and you could hear dialog audio.

16. bonscott87

Jan 21, 2003
    This usually means that the station didn't go back to DD 5.1 out of the local commercial break and thus the center channel was missing. Once someone called the station to complain the guy at the switch woke up and flipped the switch. At least it was switched to HD. :(

17. Diverreb

Diverreb New Member

Sep 7, 2006
    DVR'd CSI last night... Odd... Background music & sounds were there, but for most of the show there were no voices.... Comcast HD broadcast in Dover, DE

Anyone ever figure out what's up?

Rich

18. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    I won't ask how you recorded this, but this was your local CBS station. CSI had "full sound" here.

19. bonscott87

Jan 21, 2003
    Yea, your local CBS had their 5.1 mix messed up, thus losing center channel. Besides, you're on Comcast, not DirecTV. ;)