No video with DishAnywhere from Hopper 3

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by gschroed, Jul 28, 2019.

1. gschroed

gschroed New Member

May 7, 2005
    I upgraded from a 722 with sling adaptor to a Hopper 3 a couple of months ago. With the 722 DishAnywhere worked fine. The first time that I tried to use DishAnywhere from my phone (LG G6) since getting the Hopper I got audio, but no video. I added the DishAnywhere app to my wife's phone (Motorola E5 Play) and got the same result. One phone was paired with my Dish login, and the other by using the menu shown on the TV by the Hopper. I tried this both with a 4Glte connection and with my home wi-fi connection. Other video apps (such as NBC Sports) work fine.

I then tried to use my laptop which uses Firefox, and still got only audio.

I searched the Hopper menus trying to find what I had set wrong, with no luck. Can anyone suggest what to try next, before I call Dish, and have to deal with there customer service?

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
  2. FarmerBob

FarmerBob Godfather

Nov 27, 2002
    All I have ever done is use my account log in on the app. The device gets put into the "paired" list automatically with "Accept Pairing Requests" turned on without me having to do it. When I go to the app things just pop up on my mobile devices. Although they have been faster since I got Gigabit Fiber that my H3's are connected to and am connected to a good connection with my mobile device. I've been using DishAnywhere since it came out and only a couple times did I have problems getting in and that was when there were issues on Dish's end.