1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noisy VIP622 - Add DHPP?

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by fatpug, Mar 25, 2009.

1. fatpug

fatpug AllStar

Apr 11, 2007
    My VIP622 is very noisy with a constant hum sound. I do not have the DISH HOME PROTECTION PLAN. Is it correct that I can add DHPP today and call in for service the next day? If there any fee or penalty if I drop DHPP soon after my receiver is replaced?

Will my recording on the external hard drive work with the replacement receiver?
    Thanks

2. Ron Barry

Ron Barry 622 Tips & Trick Keeper

Dec 10, 2002
    Yes your recordings will work on a replacement receiver.. As for DHPP, not sure so I will let someone else with experience in this area answer.

3. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    I have read posts where the sub called in, added DHPP and on the same phone call reported a problem and had no questions asked.

4. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    I don't see why Dish allows that. I know they do but from a financial perspective, it makes no sense; at least to me.

5. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    It makes no sense, but posters have reported that Dish CSR's have even suggested adding DHPP when they call with a hardware failure, then handle the repair work order after DHCP has been added.

6. ZBoomer

ZBoomer Icon

Feb 21, 2008
    Probably because most people (probably like me) would forget about it, leave it on, and they get $5.99 a month thereafter.

7. Ozzie 33

Ozzie 33 Cool Member

Feb 8, 2009
    I noticed DHPP added to my account last month and was going to call and cancel DHPP. As luck would have it (my good luck, I hadn't canceled yet) I had an internal smart card failure on my 722, then a HDMI outlet went bad on my 622. When the tech came to replace my 722 the HDMI outlet did not work on the 722 he installed and had to get another 722 off the truck. All this took place within two weeks! I haven't had ANY problems in over two years. I think I will keep the DHPP for a while longer. Ya think. Now Dish thinks I'm a problem customer.