1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nomad - Terrible Experience

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by MikeW, Jun 1, 2012.

1. MikeW

MikeW Hall Of Fame

May 16, 2002
    I cannot believe how frustrating this device has become. It seems that whenever I'm really ready to use it, something goes awry.

I am leaving on vacation today. I wanted to download one movie from my DVR. It showed last night at 1:40 AM. I recorded it and started to try downloading it four hours ago. The nomad device has bugged out. I spent an hour and a half on the phone and nothing has fixed it. I was never asked to do so, but I restarted my HR24 boxes and now the status light is blue. I go to the laptop and it says my account is disabled. i uninstall and re-install the app, and now it says it cannot find my nomad.

So...$149 for the box, 4 hours of work and I am going to blockbuster to rent the movie.

For the love of god...please make this experience better. I love the concept but absolutely HATE the implementation!!!

2. raromr

raromr Legend

Jun 24, 2010
    The nomad is a total POS.

3. raromr

raromr Legend

Jun 24, 2010
    In a word, no.

4. KenW

KenW Legend

Nov 16, 2005
    Sorry for your bad experience. Believe me it does work. I've been using it for months, and I love it!

5. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    +1000

Terrific for traveling and taking recordings with you. I've used it for some time as well and couldn't do without it.

6. dennisj00

dennisj00 Hall Of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Lake Norman, NC
    I had some account / client problems early on, but nothing in the last 6 months or so.

I've learned to check the thing I want / need when I travel a few days before I leave. It's no fun when they don't work and you're walking out the door.