1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Non Use Billing

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by DIRECTVFREAK101, May 16, 2012.

1. DIRECTVFREAK101

DIRECTVFREAK101 Legend

Sep 3, 2007
    I got Fios, sometimes I love it and then I miss DirecTV. I never called to cancel my DTV service I just unplugged it and left it in the living room. I was online and looking at my bill and I saw a bunch of credits to my bill. For the days I did not use the service.

So if I don't use my DTV service I won't get bill for it? Anyone with light on this?

If that's the case I will just unplug it and use it when football season starts. I have one month left on my contract.

These were the credits I receive.

05/12/2012 XXXXXXXX4227 Minimum Service - Charge $3.00 $0.00
    05/12/2012 XXXXXXXX4227 Advanced Receiver-DVR - LVL1 Disc Adj ($4.80) $0.00
    05/12/2012 XXXXXXXX4227 HBO - LVL1 Disc Adj ($9.59) $0.00
    05/12/2012 XXXXXXXX4227 CHOICE XTRA - LVL1 Disc Adj ($41.39) $0.00

2. carl6

carl6 Moderator Staff Member DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    DirecTV really has no way of knowing if you are using your equipment or not. Simply unplugging it won't tell them that. Those are all receivers, and for the most part do not talk back to DirecTV (yes, if connected to a phone line or internet, they can, but DirecTV bills whether or not they hear from a receiver).

You would need to call DirecTV and ask about your bill. I'm guessing you have some form of direct pay (credit card, debit card, etc.), and they billed you, but what you are seeing is only some adjustments.

They won't stop billing unless you disconnect or suspend your account (by calling them).

3. Justin85

Justin85 Legend

Jun 16, 2010
    If I remember correctly from my days at D*, Level 1 disconnect is when they "sorta" cut off your service, you still get some channels, but not many. I've only personally seen level 1 disconnect on an account for non-payment. It's the "gentle" reminder to pay your bill kinda thing. But again, been almost 5 years so, I may be completely off.

4. randyk47

randyk47 Icon

Aug 21, 2006
    San Antonio, TX
    Simply not using your DirecTV service isn't going to stop them from billing you. This isn't a pay per use service, at least not the basic service.

5. wahooq

wahooq New Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Tulsa, OK
    thats just prorated charged from your service being disconnected

6. goinsleeper

goinsleeper Godfather

May 22, 2012
    Like wahooq said, that is because you are billed at the beginning of the month for the entire month. When they cut off your service, they prorate the rest of the month back to you. After level one is level two. Level two is where they charge you the ETF and ship boxes to get your receivers back. You then get the final bill for all services plus any ETF and eventually non return fees if you do not send the equipment back. Definitely give them a call ASAP.

7. Shades228

Shades228 DaBears

Mar 18, 2008
    Interupted is a better term with what he provided. His account is not disconnected yet.

However soon the OP will be disconnected without calling in and taking care of the account. I would highly recommend calling in and making a decision or you will incur charges automatically if you allow it to happen automatically.