North Korean Nuclear Test A Fake!!!!

Discussion in 'The OT' started by tommccann, Oct 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tommccann

tommccann Legend

Mar 23, 2002
    http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapcf/10/13/nkorea.test.sample/index.html
    http://www.koreaherald.co.kr/SITE/data/html_dir/2006/10/13/200610130043.asp

"No unusual increase in radioactivity has been found since we set up the emergency team on Monday." said Lee Moon-ki, the ministry's director general for nuclear energy. "Under the circumstances, we cannot affirm whether the North did carry out a test successfully."

From CNN:
    One intelligence official said "lack of confirmation is not proof of a non-event."

2. Nick

Nick Charter Gold Club Member DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    I suspected as much from the beginning. Kim Jong-Il may act like a fool, but he's not an idiot.

3. pjmrt

pjmrt Hall Of Fame

Jul 17, 2003
    But Jong-Il seems like a character. This sounds somewhat like the missile tests a month or so ago. As I recall, their "big one" dived into the ocean prematurely. Sounds like politics throwing the dice before the engineers have it working.

4. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Some have the same opinion about the satellite companies. :D

5. Nick

Nick Charter Gold Club Member DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    October 13, 2006 CNN

The United States now has preliminary evidence of radioactivity from North Korea's
    nuclear test ground, indicating it did indeed carry out a test, a U.S. official tells CNN.

6. jonstad

jonstad Hall Of Fame

Jun 27, 2002
    As Jon Stewart observed, the good part is NK now has one less atomic bomb!:shrug:

7. GeneralDisarray

GeneralDisarray Banned User

Jul 8, 2006
    It is a lie!!!!! GWB is lying. Their was no nuclear test. GWB just wants you to believe there was!! :lol: :p

8. bear paws

bear paws Icon

Jan 11, 2006
    NE Ct.
    And since GWB won't invade NK the Dems want to.

9. GeneralDisarray

Jul 8, 2006
    They say it shoulda been done a long time ago. But we were using diplomacy. How dare GWB use diplomacy!!! Diplomacy doesn't work. But we should have used it on Iraq. 12 years of diplomacy is not long enough. we should have gone the extra step!!!!!! :lol: But ole GWB just didn't flex his muscles when it came to NK. Tha b@st@rd!!!!

So now NK might realistically have nukes. They also have medium range missiles that can reach AK or CA. But we don't need a missile shield??

Dems frickin' astound me. :D

10. tommccann

tommccann Legend

Mar 23, 2002
    So we should take out North Korea! I'd like to see how many of you big mouthed war mongers would be willing to sacrifice New York City if the enemy were New Jersey for example. How many of you would be willing to sacrifice hundreds of thousands of New Yorkers lives to free yourselves of the evil New Jersey empire? So many of you are willing to go to war when it is 6500 miles away in Asia; you are willing to risk the lives and livelihoods of millions of South Koreans just so you can feel Alaska and California are safe! Seoul, with its population of over 15 million people, sits 35 miles south of the DMZ, well within North Korean artillery range, and would surely be shelled in response to any attack on their soil. You are willing to help destroy the 14th largest economy of the world and demolish on of largest, most modern and dynamic cities, Seoul, in the world, to fight a war that the people who it would affect most, the South Koreans, are against! It is no wonder the majority of the world does not like or trust us!

It is so easy to support a potential war when you can sit at home in your comfortable living room and watch the results on CNN in the evening. It is easy to condemn a people you know nothing about to years of pain and rebuilding. It is easy to be an expert war planner sitting at home behind your computer. It makes me sick to hear people putting other peoples lives on the line to support their political doctrine! It is amazing to me how many of you continue to support Bush when he has done more than any president in history to destroy the USA reputation and who has mortgaged the future of our children to finance the ill conceived war in Iraq.

Perhaps Bush should go visit with the people of South Korea. I am sure he will get a real, warm welcome! Perhaps then he will think twice before starting another war he can not win.

I've been to South Korea a dozen or more times. I lived in Seoul in 2001. I was there in August. I have traveled the country, visited the largest cities, talked with family and friends, and while conveying a dislike and mistrust for the North, all saying it was a Korean issue that the States would stay out of. I lived in Seoul when Bush gave his "Axis of Evil" speech which lead to increase military tensions with the North. Bush has done more in the last 6 years to turn a stalemate into a crisis. A change in the oval office is sorely needed....thank God Bush will be out in a couple of years!

11. GeneralDisarray

Jul 8, 2006
    Never said we should go to war with NK. My post was a sarcastic post about how the Dems biatch that GWB failed with NK using diplomacy but then again biatch that GWB didn't use enough diplomacy with Iraq.

And before you accuse me of being an armchair warrior, you need to check your facts. You don't know me! ;)

12. Danny R

Danny R Goblin the Pug DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 5, 2002
    Simple fact of the matter is that short of war, I doubt that any policy the United States took would have prevented NK from obtaining nukes. I think anyone who wants to play the blame game is simply pursuing partisan politics.

Personally I think if China wants to be a "world power" and support NK, then our future policy should be that they are now responsible for their ugly stepchild and will be held accountable as well. After all, the idea of nuking NK back to the stone age, when they already live in grass huts, probably doesn't scare them. But China has a lot more to lose if NK misbehaves. Time for China to act like a superpower in responsibility as well as economics and say they will handle the situation.

13. djlong

djlong Hall Of Fame

Jul 8, 2002
    New Hampshire
    North Korea is probably the biggest example of how we don't deal consistently with external threats. All you have to do is compare Iraq and the DPRK and you see the glaring differences.

I don't really care what the stated reasons are - if you look at the facts that are undeniable (ignoring the 'who ignored which intelligence' debate) we had a situation with:

- a despot in power.

- ground troops surrounding the despot.

- "No Fly" zones crippling any 'air force'.

Iraq was an easy taget because we had less to move to get the theater ready. I *personally* think Iraq was to be an example while NK was supposed to be too far away form a bomb to worry about AND it had all of the SOUTH Korea implications - all the collateral damage AND the fact that the Chinese were still staunch allies of the DPRK.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.