Not authorized to move cables on switch (SW64)? (rant)

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by glimmie, Dec 23, 2020.

1. glimmie

glimmie Cool Member

May 30, 2006
    Does anybody have a number or a way to get to a higher tier of technical support? I'm tired of dealing with these script followers.

A rep was arguing with me I couldn't move the cable to a different switch port when I suggested I would do that. She insisted on scheduling a service call. I bought and installed the damn thing what 15 years ago! It's my legal property!

In the end she found some other setting on their end that was not right. It's really frustrating to have to go through these novice trouble shooting steps when I have already verified everything. There really need to be a way to bypass level 1 support.

2. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    Legacy LNBs and SW-xx switches haven't been deployed by DISH in residential installations for more than 18 years (perhaps since introduction of the 301 receiver in late 2001?) so it isn't at all surprising that detailed information on the three-generation outdated technology isn't at their fingertips.

3. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    what the issue to do the cables switch DIY ?