1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not getting HD Channels on H21

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by waylonrobert, Sep 7, 2010.

1. waylonrobert

waylonrobert AllStar

Apr 22, 2010
    So I have an H21-100 HD receiver that we had unplugged for well over a month while we redid the room it was in. We plugged it back in tonight and it downloaded an update, then said it needed to be re-authorized. I refreshed services from my D* account online and that got me SD channels. However, I am not getting any HD channels. We have an HR21-100 HD DVR in the living room that works fine and is getting full HD channels. I'm on a SWM setup. Any ideas on how to get the receiver to view the HD channels? Do I need to call customer service anyway (even though I refreshed services)?

2. Rockaway1836

Rockaway1836 Godfather

Sep 25, 2007
    Myrtle Beach
    BBC maybe?

3. waylonrobert

waylonrobert AllStar

Apr 22, 2010
    No, I have a SWM setup so BBC's are not needed.

4. jimirb

jimirb AllStar

Aug 16, 2008
    I had a similar thing happen last week on one of my H21-200. After a software update, the "guide" setting changed by itself from "hide SD duplicates" to "hide HD duplicates".

Changing it back solved the problem. My other h21-200 received the same update at the same time but was unaffected.

5. waylonrobert

waylonrobert AllStar

Apr 22, 2010
    Ah yes this turned out to be the problem. I figured this out yesterday. I don't fully understand why the software update would cause the box to do this, but I am glad it doesn't require a complicated CS call or truck roll.

6. jimirb

jimirb AllStar

Aug 16, 2008
    I certainly don't understand it nor do I understand why it affected 1 of my 2 identical receivers but not the other. They both received the same update at the same time.

Life is definitely a mystery.............